Edge Insight cts2

theronbt

Reaction score
About a month ago I purchased an edge insight cts2 from a vendor on here. I put it on my truck added my vin and everything worked great. Last week I unplugged it and when I plugged it back in I had to put in my vin again and when it comes up I only have generic pics. As mph, rpm run time. I don't have IPR ICP or any others for a 7.3. How can I reconnect this to be right

redneck1

Reaction score
The screen you're seeing is the generic screen. Had this happen twice on my old truck with a cts2. One time the vin was wrong, the next i ended up connecting it to a different vin truck. Then reinstalling it back and it worked. But no update helped that i could tell. Sometimes it wouldn't come on with the truck too, which frustrated me.

Beyond the edge of reason

Last edited:

dsberman94

Reaction score
If it doesn't come on with the truck you just need to touch the screen for it to turn on. I think it memorized that it needs to turn on after power is supplied a second time. Such as the diesels waiting for the glow plugs where as a gas vehicle doesn't do that, just key on and start quick with no wait.

theronbt

Reaction score
It says when I boot it up that I can add vin # through fusion. I tried that but it only updates it. Do I need to hook up a wifi computer while it's on my truck? Has anybody ever tried this?

theronbt

Reaction score
I added the vin# through fusion and it still didn't connect so I called edge and they said it won't work with a hydra chip. Which I know it will since it did before. So, I wonder if I plug in the cts then plug in my hydra if it would work that way. I can't remember what order I originally installed them in since I did it on the same day.
I also tried to connect in different tunes but still didn't help.
Any ideas

Latest posts

Members online