EGR ******

Nelly2alpha

Reaction score
I have a F-250 2015 getting ready to do the EGR full ****** just wondering if anyone knows how much coolant I will using to fill the system back up once the valve is off and blocked off also any tips on choice of coolant I have my eye set on Evans coolant but if anyone has any suggestions I will listen because I don't know **** about coolant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
Don't forget your truck has two coolant systems. The main degas bottle and the little one on the passenger side of the rad. I just use the red long life that the trucks cone with.

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
I would just use the motorcraft coolant, and I think we put 5 gallons back in after a radiator swap which will drain close to the same amount of coolant. How many miles on it? I might just save it in some new buckets and refill it up

Nelly2alpha

Reaction score
I would just use the motorcraft coolant, and I think we put 5 gallons back in after a radiator swap which will drain close to the same amount of coolant. How many miles on it? I might just save it in some new buckets and refill it up

It only has 31 K on it I guess I never though of re-using that's not a bad idea I guess the only reason I was thinking of the Evans they say it can run your engine cooler and I pull a 16,000 camper up some inclines and when I get to the top I hit close to 230 which is high but still ok I guess I just don't like the added stress on the motor and was just wondering if they do actually make it run cooler

brown1

Reaction score
when i did mine i put back 1.5 gallons(motorcraft). i was hoping to drain more but these trucks are a pain to drain coolant. i called the dealer to flush and he actually talked me out of it, they wanted $450 to flush. he said even with heavy towing ford says 100k on the coolant and mine was at 50k. i am a shadetree mechanic at best and pulling the egr was quite a job so be ready.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
I also used the Motorcraft stuff when we removed my EGR. Before you tackle the job, soak the bolts for a few days prior with something so that they are easier to break. I used WD40 and all of mine came out no problem. My truck had over 50k IIRC when we did it.

Latest posts

Members online