EGTS are slightly higher than normal 75-100 degrees

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
Engine & everything from turbos, injectors, HPFP & in between has no more than 15k miles on them, besides the LPFP (has 120K). I have 71/59 turbos & all deletes. running Gearhead street.

In the past couple weeks my EGTS have went from never really going over mid 600's gradually getting on the highway, or rolling into it a bit to pass someone on the highway, or climbing a hill. To now going mid 700's sometimes over 800. Although these numbers are nothing to be scared about. I wanna know why the change?

Ive changed the trans fluid, cleaned air filter, even drove it home w/ air filter off, checked for sticking calipers, no visual or audbile sounds of a boost leak. What gives? What are the signs of a lame LPFP? Changing fuel filters this week when they come in.

Last edited:

johnp115

Reaction score
Where are you located? Not in a smart ass way but with my 6.4 once it got to summer time and hotter days I always noticed it ran 50-100* higher.

Anything that is going to cause the motor to work that much harder or any type of boost leak will cause it, if you don't think it's just because of warmer air.

sootie

Reaction score
i noticed an increase in egts when my ebp sensor was acting up. monitor it and see if it acts erratic

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
I'm in Ohio. I know warmer air brings hotter EGT's by noticable amount. Morning temps where its 40 degrees compared to evening temps close to 80 are very marginal. Its building good boost, hit 46 yesterday. Dont think its a leak there. Will check EBP sensor, it has given me fits before. Its hard to describe what I feel is an issue. The numbers climb higher than normal (mid 700's sometimes close to 800) once the converter locks into over drive and gradually getting up to 70-75. Then once a maintained speed is reached they will drop down to mid-high 500's. Used to never go over mid 600's.

Latest posts

Members online