electrical woes

Templin

Reaction score
Just noticed the other day that my rear back up sensor is not working on my 05. The switch on the dash doesn't light up anymore either. If I'm right, if one sensor goes bad, it fouls up the whole system. If I'm wrong someone correct me please.

Second thing I'm trying to figure out is my turn signals have stopped working, front and rear. The 4 way flashers still work fine though. At night with the lights on, if you turn the signals on to the right it kills the tail lights completely.

I've pulled all the fuses and checked them. They are all fine. I know its not the tail lights since they are LED's from Recon. Anybody had, heard of, or fixed a truck with this issue? I don't drive the truck all that much so it's not a critical thing, but it's really bothering me that something isn't working.

bismic

Reaction score
You can put your truck in reverse and put the parking brake on. Then walk around and put your ear up to each backup sensor. The sensor that is not making the clicking noise is the one that is bad.

There are two clips on the inside of the bumper that hold the sensor in place. Both of the clips are on one side of the sensor at 2 and 4 on the clock.

Part # YL1Z15K859AA

Templin

Reaction score
You can put your truck in reverse and put the parking brake on. Then walk around and put your ear up to each backup sensor. The sensor that is not making the clicking noise is the one that is bad.

There are two clips on the inside of the bumper that hold the sensor in place. Both of the clips are on one side of the sensor at 2 and 4 on the clock.

Part # YL1Z15K859AA

Tried checking the sensors. Not a single one of them clicked when the truck was in reverse.

Back to the drawing board I guess.

Templin

Reaction score
bump.

I can live without the back up indicator but I need turn signals.

Anybody?

bismic

Reaction score
If you have checked to see if you are getting 12V at the sensors or turn lights, then trace the wires back. Sounds like a fuse to me. Sometimes you need to electrically check them instead of visually. If not a fuse, then maybe a bad ground?

01REDSTROKER

Reaction score
I read something about led's not pulling the current needed to run the turn signal relay. Could it be the led bulbs?

Templin

Reaction score
I'm probably going to have to go that route and start checking for volts. Its b such a friggin mess of wires that I'm dreading it. And I don't think it'd be the led's. They've been on the truck for months and ask at once the signals and back up sensor both went to ****.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.