Electronic cutout

powerSmokin

Reaction score
So this will most likely be a spring project but i figured some people might want to talk about this. SOO I still have a hole in the bed of my truck from my old stack. I used to love the sound of it screaming but it got old. I have been doing some resarch and I can have the best of both worlds.

I have found 4" electronic cutouts from jegs and summit. I was wondering if anyone has seen or has pics of a set up like this? I will end up making a custom box around the stack.

I will run just a single mitre cut, 5" or 6". Then have it tie in to my current exhaust that exits over the axle.
Thoughts? Tips? Possibly pics?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
http://www.badlanzhpe.com/

I've had one of these for about 6-7 years...

Its broken now, the gears got jammed and broke. He has offered to fix it, I've just never sent it off.

Its pretty slick, fun when you feel like listening to the motor.

I'll post some pictures tonight if you like... Need to run now.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Closed...

1380035_220998928075183_1286533198_n.jpg

Open...

1379556_220998941408515_1092508534_n.jpg

I'll open it when I head to work in the morning and get a video... It sounds good driving down the road...

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Cool, yeah mine will be tricky to install. I will have to get the butterfly aimed up and possibly just put flex pipe from the stack to connect it.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
The guy I listed above is one of the only one's that opens 100%...

Get the flange from him, thats how I broke mine, tried to make my own, on the exhaust side and it bound up and broke the gears.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
So after talking to my buddy Andrew last weekend. The way things will go are going to require quite the custom fabbing. The existing exhaust will run to a box that will have a diverter valve rather than a cut out. The actual valve will be controlled by a small pneumatic ram. At the flip of a switch the valve will close and open quite quickly.

The valve can be switched to the stack or the axle over exhaust which will be hidden from view.

Step one: purchase on board air and install
Step two: get the bed sprayed with bed liner
Step three: purchase stack and accessories for the exhaust setup.
Step four: throw it all together and have a day of fabbin! Along with re doing my existing downpipe.

This won't happen until spring but parts will be slowly purchased.

Latest posts

Members online