Elite 76 drop in

Stroked777

Reaction score
Alright Iirc this turbo hasn't been out long, who's running it and how do you like it so far. How does it do on stock fuel with a stock vgt. I'm just looking for info on it, I was gunna go with the 72 but I know I would eventually want the bigger one to make more power. My ultimate goal is to run dual fuelers with nozzles (not sure on size wanna get 700-800hp and possibly spray nos) eventually do a hp turbo, and I'll have all the supporting mods. Just looking for all the info I can get about this turbo before I pull the trigger

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
JD Gleason has one and he loves it. Get ahold of him and see what he has for ya. He also can get you pricing on them as well. You will like talking with him as well as he is a good chit.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Lol speaking of that I was this close to texting you yesterday jerry, but I was super busy lol.

I've got a 76 atmosphere on my truck and it's great! I believe that you'll need a vgt turbo to really take advantage of what the 76 has to offer, but it's fun, lights as quick as the 72 does, and pulls HARD up top. Sounds like you have a great plan tho as far as adding a vgt down the road. I say go for it - you'll love it.

You can pm me for pricing if you're interested.

Stroked777

Reaction score
So you guys saying the price tag is worth it over te 72? How much power do you think it can make with proper mods before you need a bigger turbo due to needing more air (if that makes sense)

sootie

Reaction score
A 72 is plenty fun enough. The 76 sounds like it's even better but needs a larger high pressure to take full advantage of what it is capable of

jdgleason

Reaction score
So you guys saying the price tag is worth it over te 72? How much power do you think it can make with proper mods before you need a bigger turbo due to needing more air (if that makes sense)

Can't really answer that just yet... Too new. I know that 76 precision wheel should be capable of 800+, but not an apples to apples comparison. Hopefully I'll know more in the next few weeks as to what these are capable of. I can tell you that they run cool and the spool fast. My truck picked up 4 mph at the track over the 72.

As far as the difference in price - it all depends in the person. Really the power goals are the biggest difference since the 76 drives just like the 72.

Wayne

Reaction score
I've run mid 40's out of the 76 atmo, with about 60 psi total at 5400 ft. Elevation. It sure pulls hard up top, and does a pretty good job of cleaning up 110's too. I would love to see what my setup would do in a lighter truck running smaller tires. :evil

Dan177

Reaction score
Can't really answer that just yet... Too new. I know that 76 precision wheel should be capable of 800+, but not an apples to apples comparison. Hopefully I'll know more in the next few weeks as to what these are capable of. I can tell you that they run cool and the spool fast. My truck picked up 4 mph at the track over the 72.

As far as the difference in price - it all depends in the person. Really the power goals are the biggest difference since the 76 drives just like the 72.

4 sec. In the 1/4? Isn't that worth 80hp? If so sounds good to me.

3brorce

Reaction score
LOL I thought he meant mph. No, if he picked up 4 secs that would be like a 400hp gain haha.

Latest posts

Members online