Emissions recall 14E03

Cknox121

Reaction score
Emissions recall 14E03 anyone ever heard of this? What's it mean? Friend was asking...and of course I said cut off the exhaust lol

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Emissions recall 14E03 anyone ever heard of this? What's it mean? Friend was asking...and of course I said cut off the exhaust lol

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

HERE

14E03

Affected vehicles: 2011-2014 Ford F-Super Duty equipped with a 6.7L Powerstroke diesel engine

Situation: In all of the affected vehicles, the Selective Catalyst Reduction (SCR) system calibration must be updated to meet emission guidelines. In addition, the updated calibration contains additional improvements to the SCR system including reduced temperature sensor faults and improved drivability

Figueroa1

Reaction score
Got the letter in the mail for the recall. Talked to my dealer and they're letting me tune my truck back to stock, Reflash it, then tune it again with my sct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Got the letter in the mail for the recall. Talked to my dealer and they're letting me tune my truck back to stock, Reflash it, then tune it again with my sct.

If you are deleted and have custom tunes, you will have to have them redone for your new engine software part number.

If this is the case, once the dealer reflashes your truck, your tunes will not reload. If you just have a off the shelf tuner, then you should be fine, although you may have to update your tuner if it doesnt load the tune.

Last edited:

DWhite

Reaction score
The same letter came to me in the mail.
All my emissions stuff fell off long ago so I was just going to ignore the letter and go on.

Figueroa1

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Kyle. I didn't think about that. I'm just going to ignore it. No point in doing it since I'm deleted.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Kyle. I didn't think about that. I'm just going to ignore it. No point in doing it since I'm deleted.

yuppers. deleted trucks need not apply but it woukd be fun to take it in to see if they even notice the boat anchor is missing from under it.. lol

live life full throttle

PDT1081

Reaction score
yuppers. deleted trucks need not apply but it woukd be fun to take it in to see if they even notice the boat anchor is missing from under it.. lol

live life full throttle

What reason do they have to look under the truck? Sounds like a good way to get stranded at the dealer with a locked tuner. They probably won't catch it until they go to start the truck after reprogramming.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
What reason do they have to look under the truck? Sounds like a good way to get stranded at the dealer with a locked tuner. They probably won't catch it until they go to start the truck after reprogramming.
anyone with common sense can hear that i dont have a dpf even at idle... the other day when i drove through the parking lot of my local ford house and had about 6 people inside turn their heads when the door was open when they heard my truck... and it was more of a joking matter cuz the recall is flr the exact reason that i deleted mine.. no more issues and possibly getting stranded cuz of a stupid ass sensor...

live life full throttle

davidw221

Reaction score
Have a day to a day in the shop, wow, now I have to find someone to pick me up then take be back!

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Well my dealer came and got my truck this morning at about 9:15 to take it in for service (oil change, def fluid, the usual) I didn't say anything to them about the recall since I've been seeing mixed posts about it and I plan to delete eventually anyway. Got the truck back around 1:00 walked outside of work to get my keys and the paperwork for the service and first thing I read is recall 14E03 had been completed and calibrated to the newest format or something like that worded all fancy. So guess it's done now. Hopefully I won't be a part of the few that have been towed in due to failure for it now that it's done.

sootie

Reaction score
just got the letter today for one of ours. in fact-this truck has had to be towed do to faulty exhaust sensors already.

what i wish i knew is how a reprogram is prolonging the life of a hard part?? or is it just that it will throw a code now and not kill the truck.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Reprogramming prolongs the life by altering the operation to a more favorable manner.

nick0360

Reaction score
Had this done last week and it destroyed my already ****ty fuel economy, I only get 270 mi till empty when I fill up now instead of like 370 can't wait to delete it, already had tunes sent to my email from Gearhead now I'll have to have them rewritten??

Wayne

Reaction score
A big thing the software update does is not strand a guy if one of the exhaust sensors freaks out. Older calibrations will force a guy to stop safely, the shut the truck off, not allowing a restart for about an hour. Sensors are more reliable now as well. Now you can keep driving it under limited speed until you can take it to be serviced if a pyro fails. Last one I did that was deleted already has updated h&s files available. Returned to stock, updated pcm, uploaded new h&s files, and away he went. Pretty simple really, but not necessary for deleted stuff.

Jomax

Reaction score
Good to know that problem is fixed. I had a slight worry for when I'm in the middle of nowhere. MPG for me is great so far 50/50 city/highway I'm at 15mpg. Truck just rolled a bit more than 1k miles. Very happy so far.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

thebohs

Reaction score
A big thing the software update does is not strand a guy if one of the exhaust sensors freaks out. Older calibrations will force a guy to stop safely, the shut the truck off, not allowing a restart for about an hour. Sensors are more reliable now as well. Now you can keep driving it under limited speed until you can take it to be serviced if a pyro fails. Last one I did that was deleted already has updated h&s files available. Returned to stock, updated pcm, uploaded new h&s files, and away he went. Pretty simple really, but not necessary for deleted stuff.

I just bought (what I believe to be is) a bone stock 2011 Lariat 6.7 4x4. I was debating on whether to have the recall done because of the pros and cons on this site as well as others. I am sure glad I did because I got a check engine light which turned out to be the 2479 Bank 1 Sensor 2 EGT sensor fault. I believe that if I hadn't had this recall completed I would still be stranded somewhere with the "Stop Safely" warning. As it is now, I just either use my code reader to clear the code...or simply let it shine as it does not affect the driveability one bit. Now I am ordering a sensor (and an extra) to replace at my leisure.

Interesting side note, I believe this recall came to be due to several emergency vehicles throughout the country (some with life-and-death patients in them) shutting down due to software instructions caused by, what in essence is, a minor emmissions fault.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Interesting side note, I believe this recall came to be due to several emergency vehicles throughout the country (some with life-and-death patients in them) shutting down due to software instructions caused by, what in essence is, a minor emmissions fault.

The government makes the rules and wants their money. Someones life isn't important to them. It's a damn shame and makes you just want to cu**punt someone to the f*ing moon for requiring emergency vehicles to have these emissions put on them.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.