Engine cutting out

OSCS

Reaction score
I'm going to put it on the scanner when I get home but I'm curious what you guys think. So without realizing I was LOW on fuel my dumbass pulls out of the drive way and cruise for a couple minutes then i hammer it. The truck shuts off like I turned the key off. I start it while its rolling and do the same thing again. Truck shuts off again. I start it back up and it starts acting like its out of fuel. I pull over and shut it down. I put a quarter tank of diesel in it and she won't fire. She builds oil pressure and shows RPM. Fuel pump is working, I can hear it whining. I'm thinking I got a nice air bubble in the system and she won't prime now. I just find it weird that she shut down Immediately after WOT.. Thoughts?

Currently running DI RR fuel bowl delete and Jakes fuel system. If it where an air bubble trapped what would be the best place to purge the air?

SDstroker

Reaction score
You Should be alright with the RR after a couple key cycles. All the wiring is good and secure?
Are you running a tuner?

OSCS

Reaction score
That's what I figured.. Went throught it and all the plugs and wires are where they should be. It was dark however..

Last edited:

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
ive had a cam sensor do crazy thing like that once.. is your chip(if you have one) taped in. check the fuel bowl for fuel

OSCS

Reaction score
Take note that the truck started and ran perfectly fine untill I hammered it. I mean 15mph roll WOT hammered it.

SDstroker

Reaction score
Chip have good contact with the board? I have had one come loose and no start. Check fuel pressure.

OSCS

Reaction score
ICP is fine, fuel pressure at the regulator.. im getting codes P1876 and P1832. those are transfer case codes? why would that have anything to do with it not starting

OSCS

Reaction score
The weird thing is that she started right up after.. Twice and then nothing. Chip pulled, connections cleaned and nothing.

Last edited:

OSCS

Reaction score
OK so i did a buzz test and got P1293 P1294 im getting high side open on each bank.. Is it the injector harness? how could both of them just fried? is there a fuse for this particular line in the truck?

ghohouston

Reaction score
Pull your uvch's and ohm them out, that is of course if your engine harness plugs going to both uvch's are still plugged in and not chaffed/ rubbing bare wires against each other.

OSCS

Reaction score
Connections clean and checked. I find highly unlikely that both harnesses burned up at the exact same time. Would a bad IDM throw those codes?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online