Engine differences C&C

Reaction score
Ok some you guys work on these trucks everyday. What are the differences between 11-15 f450/f550 cab&chassis engines and the 11-14 pickup engines? I've read the turbo is different, at least the tuning is different, maybe pcm? What else? How hard to make one on par with a pickup horsepower?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Swsignal5

Reaction score
Ok some you guys work on these trucks everyday. What are the differences between 11-15 f450/f550 cab&chassis engines and the 11-14 pickup engines? I've read the turbo is different, at least the tuning is different, maybe pcm? What else? How hard to make one on par with a pickup horsepower?

The egr is a heavy duty one. 300 hp. Different turbo and lower intake manifold. 81mph speed limiter lol.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
O ya.. So rods, pistons, hpfp, most everything else the same? Pcm the same just different tune?

Swsignal5

Reaction score
O ya.. So rods, pistons, hpfp, most everything else the same? Pcm the same just different tune?

Idk if the pcm is actually different or just down tuned.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
PCM is different, but yes, short block, heads, injectors, injection pump, etc. are same same

it's essentially the "tuning", but the PCM's ARE different

if you get somebody who knows what they're doing, you can run a pickup PCM, they just have to be able to write your VIN to it. If you end up going that route, LMK, I can program the PCM for you.

used 6.7 PCM's are dirt cheap because they rarely fail. Just bought a '14 PCM for $200 to retrofit to a 15 so we can custom tune it :)

Swsignal5

Reaction score
you have to add a wire to the PCM harness and change a sensor.

I have NOT done this yet, but we're planning on doing it
Are you sure because I replaced my under under the hood harness and it was a universal harness for all 6.7s. If you happen to need an old harness let me know. I have one just sitting at my shop

Latest posts

Members online