Engine Overspeed PIP tunes

Notneb

Reaction score
The vendor is Black Diamond Unlimited, going to contact them tomorrow. As far as the PIP tunes, no Overspeed cel or CCV cel now. Going to really test it this weekend, get it nice and hot and see how it does.

Notneb

Reaction score
Youll love the PIP tunes and should have any issue!

So far I am. I'm pretty sure the IDP tunes that were on the x4 were old tunes because the PIP tunes have almost no smoke. Even on the max *extreme* there's very little. Truck responds better, just need to get extra clutch packs in the transmission now, lol.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Yikes.....that 15 life though!! LOL jk, at least you have a nice hpfp and better turbo!

Notneb

Reaction score
Yikes.....that 15 life though!! LOL jk, at least you have a nice hpfp and better turbo!

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out why they did that... But yeah coming from a 2012, the difference is just... night and day. Thing is like a runaway freight train after 1500rpms.

Captaincworley

Reaction score
So far I am. I'm pretty sure the IDP tunes that were on the x4 were old tunes because the PIP tunes have almost no smoke. Even on the max *extreme* there's very little. Truck responds better, just need to get extra clutch packs in the transmission now, lol.
My IDP tunes smoke less than the Pip v7.1 tunes. Haven't tried the 7.2 tunes yet tho. Glad everything is working good for you now tho. as said these 15's are Finicky as all get out!

Charles

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
My 7.2 barely smoke on extreme. I like it lol.

I did have the same code on my truck when I turned all my advanced trac off and took a turn roasting the tires but it was an uphill turn so truck bounced and over revved I'm guessing. Was embarrassing cause my buddy wanted to see it done and then she died lmao. But I cleared code and haven't had a problem since

ftast350

Reaction score
What was the code number? Apparently there is a TSB out that will get you a new turbo. It's not a huge issue with the turbo it's mostly just an annoying code. I can't remember the code off hand right now but I will find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
The vendor is Black Diamond Unlimited, going to contact them tomorrow. As far as the PIP tunes, no Overspeed cel or CCV cel now. Going to really test it this weekend, get it nice and hot and see how it does.

You could've called us and we would've taken care of your problem.... We never received a call... I'm sorry that you were not happy with the product but we will do whatever we need to make it rite! I wish you would've called us with the issue... I don't recall if you directly said that you wanted IDP tuning or PIP but we could've corrected this issue for you....

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
You could've called us and we would've taken care of your problem.... We never received a call... I'm sorry that you were not happy with the product but we will do whatever we need to make it rite! I wish you would've called us with the issue... I don't recall if you directly said that you wanted IDP tuning or PIP but we could've corrected this issue for you....
i dont believe you are a vendor here are you?

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
should have bought it from a reputable vendor of this site..

live life full throttle

brock1129

Reaction score
im currrently running the pip 7.1 and i happened to encounter the same CEL... although it was my fault.. i wasnt feeling much pain at the time and a Dmax guy wanted to check out my truck. We were tailgating for a concert... i was revving it up and all of a sudden it shut down. scared the **** out of me.. truck restarted but had to clear the overspin code.

Latest posts

Members online