Engine pre heater.

duddy

Reaction score
Does any one have a pre heater on their truck that is stand alone, well other than diesel fuel. I do not have the availability to plug in and am looking for a way to ease cold starts.

I have heard of webasto, which are run on a few fleets that a few of my friends work for. I am looking for places to buy, either vendors on here or other brands.

clayton

Reaction score
Not on my personal truck but have one on a peterbilt, an Espar. Works wonders. Think we had a webasto on a dodge 5500 few years back.

MossBack

Reaction score
When I worked in the oilfield we had numerous webasto heaters. The small units were either a coolant heater or a air top heater. Basically you could heat the cab or heat the coolant. My 2008 f-550 service truck had both with a remote and a timer. (Had to do anything to keep from plugging up DPF from excessive idling )

I have been out if the oilfield for 3 years now but I remember them going to espar because of the simplicity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

rentstdi

Reaction score
It's not that cold here, I just plug mine in and have it turn on at 2am and I normally start around 6... No issues in the afternoon. And I'm just south of you in fondy

duddy

Reaction score
I have no option of plugging as to I live in a stupid apartment complex. I just would like to have the engine stay warm so I dont do much damage to the engine.

RedRice589

Reaction score
I have no option of plugging as to I live in a stupid apartment complex. I just would like to have the engine stay warm so I dont do much damage to the engine.

Really that's strand
Ger there were all kinds of plug in in my buddy's complex, over by the a.c. Units he always plugged his 7.3 in.

duddy

Reaction score
Its dumb but the only one I can find, I would need a 300 ft cord to go to the back corner off the building where parking is not allowed. Plus the truck does not fit in the garage.
will be talking with the office ladies to see if they can do something about it.

Latest posts

Members online