Engine Wire Harness?

ACFarmer

Reaction score
Are the wiring harnesses for the actual engine the same from an early 99 to a late 99 and up 7.3's? Bought this truck and the owner didnt give me the harness with the truck.

ghohouston

Reaction score
E99 harness will work just fine, you will just not have the intake air heater power wire (i.a.h. Not really necessary) i cant remember any other differences, the pins in the harness didnt change until 01 or so iirc...

ACFarmer

Reaction score
I have an E99. I have an 01 or 00 parts truck sitting here. So I can use the later harness on the E99?

Copracr

Reaction score
Only difference I noted was the intake heater wire is missing on the E99 harness. I'm using one on my conversion with 2000 m/y stuff.

Arisley

Reaction score
I am running a 2000 harness on my truck. That is correct, the IAH connector is there. It is covered with heatshrink now.

co04cobra

Reaction score
You can also run into differences between manual trans trucks and autos. MOST manual trans trucks have an extra ECT sensor in the front cover.

If your truck has the extra sensor you would want a harness that has it. If it doesn't you can use either harness and tape up the extra plug. 02-03 7.3 harness will not interchange with 99-01.

ACFarmer

Reaction score
Well I stuck it on there and the truck starts and runs anyway. Just isn't charging so I need to get that figured out.

Copracr

Reaction score
Well I stuck it on there and the truck starts and runs anyway. Just isn't charging so I need to get that figured out.

Let me know if you figure that out. I jumped power from the GP solenoid.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.