Engine wont turn over after headstuds.

Big Green Monster

Reaction score
Just had a friend of mine from out of state call me about problems with his truck after he did head gaskets and studs on the engine. (2005 6.0 Auto 2wd) The heads were removed with the cab on and everything put back together after sending them out for some machine work

He is saying that after getting it all back together when he goes to turn it over he will hear the normal click of the glow plugs, but the engine wont turn over with the key. Jumping it at the starter will allow the engine to turn, the dash lights up like it should except the radio is not working. (He cant confirm if this was already an issue before he began the work) And after looking over everything several times he still does not see anything that he forgot to plug back in.

I've done gaskets and studs a few times, but never ran into this issue before so I haven't been much help for him. By any chance have any of you encountered the problem before? Maybe if we brainstorm the issue I can send a bunch of ideas his way and hopefully one of them works for him...?

Latest posts

Members online