Exhaust questions for SCT X4

Smokin&Strokin

Reaction score
I am still new to the forum. I have a 2010 F250 ECSB which is stock for the most part. I just ordered a SCT x4 competition tuner with gearhead tunes from No Limit Fab and now I am about to order a 5" turbo back exhaust. My question is do I order it with or without bungs? I've tried looking to see if this tuner requires bungs or not but no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Smokin&Strokin

Reaction score
Also I assume the SCT x4 competition tuner with gear head tunes from No Limit allows dpf and egr deletes?

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
You shouldn't need any bungs. I have the same tuner (SCT X4 7015) with Gearhead tunes and 4" exhaust with no bungs and it's fine. Just take the sensors out of the factory exhaust and leave them plugged in and just zip tie them underneath the truck.

And you should order Mikes intake and egr delete also. Both quality pieces and cleans up under the hood nicely! With the Gearhead tunes and stock air box with a K@N drop in filter my truck would immediately suck the filter minder shut on a hard run! With Mikes intake it doesn't move! Good luck! You'll love it!

Smokin&Strokin

Reaction score
I plan on ordering his intake and egr delete. But will the Banks Ram-air intake work with the new tuner for now? Also it was suggested to me to use the bully dog GT that is already on the truck as a monitor, which does monitor pyro 1 and pyro 2. So to continue to monitor the pyros will I have to order the exhaust with bungs?

Smokin&Strokin

Reaction score
Are you sure you can't use your GT for SCT custom tunes? It may or may not work depending on how old it is. Just a thought.

I've asked that question and I didn't get an answer so I just jumped the gun and bought the SCT x4. Would you know if it can? I registered it on the website to support custom tuning

White_monster

Reaction score
The only reason for bungs is so the sensors are installed in the pipe and not zip tied to the harness. Both work fine. The sensors do nothing but keep the truck from high idling.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Are you sure you can't use your GT for SCT custom tunes? It may or may not work depending on how old it is. Just a thought.

The TCM files from the custom tune won't load into the truck with the GT. It's getting worked out. :thumbsup:

OP, no bungs should be fine with Gearhead files.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online