factory defuel settings

sootie

Reaction score
that is tough to explain.

the pcm reacts to a correlation of data between multiple sensors as well as driver input.

the same result (defueling etc) can be caused many different ways, not necessarily a set value of a said parameter.

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
Well we built a 6.4 for a guy, all stock with a Minimax. One of his employees hooked a 40,000 lb goose neck to it and was runnin 96 mile an hr, said the computer when the motor locked up. Pulled apart and the piston melted over the rod. Just curious where to set the de fuels so that don't happen again..

Csilva187

Reaction score
I think the driver was the problem on this one???

Edit-40,000lbs? They make semis for that.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
I know on the mini you can set limits with the egt's on the older ones (and I believe rpm). Not sure about after the update. Haven't fiddled with a mini for a long time, you can set speed limiters to have it defuel iirc.

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
Yeah probably do that. Set boost at 30, EGTs at 1400, speed at 75.. Should do it..

sootie

Reaction score
is it only one cylinder? maybe an injector hung...

B585Ford

Reaction score
The old version MM didn't truly defuel, it just went to the next lowest setting. If it was on "tow" and hit a defuel parameter, it would drop to "stock" and then just obey the stock defuel untilnitnwent under nthe defuel parameter.

capt dong

Reaction score
on the coolant side i read trucks didnt reduce power or throw a code until it was like 240*s. by then its almost too late.

sootie

Reaction score
wow i wanna see a pic when its torn down

some peoples kids LOL, that sucks though i would ream that guy out

i would commend him for handling 40k at 96mph nevermind when the engine quits and you have no power steering....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.