Famous 6.7 tick after oil change

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Has any one had the tick come and go? Never had it before my last oil change @ 19.2k tick shows up, never goes away. Flash forward to 21.7k, turbo fails, I change oil after turbo swap and no tick. Same oil Rotella T6. Hope it never comes back, it's annoying as hell. I hear the smallest noise changes and my wife always laughs at me like I have a condition or something.

Keith
hope that chit aint related and that was just coincidence!

live life full throttle

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I don't think it was related, oil analysis showed engine to be fine. I just thought it was weird as everything I've read seems once the tick shows up, it's there from then on after oil changes. I sure don't miss it.

Keith

knaffie

Reaction score
Has any one had the tick come and go? Never had it before my last oil change @ 19.2k tick shows up, never goes away. Flash forward to 21.7k, turbo fails, I change oil after turbo swap and no tick. Same oil Rotella T6. Hope it never comes back, it's annoying as hell. I hear the smallest noise changes and my wife always laughs at me like I have a condition or something.

Keith
I'm the same way. Wish I could shut it off and not be hear and be annoyed by everything. It's a curse.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
I don't think it was related, oil analysis showed engine to be fine. I just thought it was weird as everything I've read seems once the tick shows up, it's there from then on after oil changes. I sure don't miss it.

Keith

I'm the same way. Wish I could shut it off and not be hear and be annoyed by everything. It's a curse.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

X3 I hate any little noise. I sold my Z71 because the dash started making noises. No one is allowed to put sh*t in my door pockets that will rattle or make noise.

If this bastard every starts the tick it's good as gone.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Lugger007

Reaction score
update on the 10-30 delo i switched to.... i wont use it again... 2500 miles and the tick is still present... mileage is down. this time last year i averaged 17-18mpg with the cruis set at 78 on the freeway... havnt hit17mpg yet and i have been driving a lil slower....

Wow that's interesting your fuel mpg dropped when switching to delo. Is that normal with delo or in general?
I've been using rotella t6 for last 45k and over last 15k I've noticed my mpg dropping slowly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
X3 I hate any little noise. I sold my Z71 because the dash started making noises. No one is allowed to put sh*t in my door pockets that will rattle or make noise.

If this bastard every starts the tick it's good as gone.

dude! you got to stop using the drugs you confiscate.. its making you all paranoid about chit... dam dirty pig anyway..

Wow that's interesting your fuel mpg dropped when switching to delo. Is that normal with delo or in general?
I've been using rotella t6 for last 45k and over last 15k I've noticed my mpg dropping slowly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

only thing i have changed is the oil itself, driving habits are the same... i usually run delo 5-40 or mobile 1 and i have never dropped below 17mpg on the freeway... even with winter fuel.... since the switch to the 10-30, haven't gotten much above 16mpg...

live life full throttle

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Winter fuel blends began shipping and ramped up due to northern cold snaps according to the refinery in Memphis. Don't jump to concussions on your mpg vs oil change.

Just a fyi... the winter blends are according to forecasts being it generally cost more to make winter blend therefore they adjust accordingly. And here lately it's been chilly willy per the pinguen! !

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Winter fuel blends began shipping and ramped up due to northern cold snaps according to the refinery in Memphis. Don't jump to concussions on your mpg vs oil change.
im not... if you read everything i have stated you will see that i am not jumping to conclusions... actually got better mpg last winter on the freeway then i have in summer...

live life full throttle

CATDiezel

Reaction score
The winter fuel blend is more ramped up than normal blend. It WILL decrease mpg as it loses cetane value. Just saying. Call the refinery they will even tell you... (might need to become friends with a pipeline tech first)

And for the record... I said NO THING about conclusions.... only concussions.... lol

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
The winter fuel blend is more ramped up than normal blend. It WILL decrease mpg as it loses cetane value. Just saying. Call the refinery they will even tell you... (might need to become friends with a pipeline tech first)

And for the record... I said NO THING about conclusions.... only concussions.... lol
like i said and ill say it again that i actually got a lil better mpg AND my on screen regens get cut in half...

now if we are talking about my 7.3s then yes.. i lose 2-4 mpg when winter fuel cycles in and regens quadruple.... oh wait......

live life full throttle

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
dude! you got to stop using the drugs you confiscate.. its making you all paranoid about chit... dam dirty pig anyway..

only thing i have changed is the oil itself, driving habits are the same... i usually run delo 5-40 or mobile 1 and i have never dropped below 17mpg on the freeway... even with winter fuel.... since the switch to the 10-30, haven't gotten much above 16mpg...

live life full throttle

It's a damn disease dude. I will stop and get out to check on any noises. I'll be driving and turn the radio off just to see if anything is making noise. I also walk around to every door before locking it up for the week toke sure no one left anything that will roll around or make noise.

I also do it in my work truck so yeah I need better meds apparently.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
It's a damn disease dude. I will stop and get out to check on any noises. I'll be driving and turn the radio off just to see if anything is making noise. I also walk around to every door before locking it up for the week toke sure no one left anything that will roll around or make noise.

I also do it in my work truck so yeah I need better meds apparently.

holy crap man!

live life full throttle

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I'm famous for turning the radio down/off to hear stuff. I've found the best way to medicate involves Jack Daniels!!

Keith

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I now have 18000 miles on my truck and just did another oil change. Boom, out of left field it's got one hell of a tick now... Driving me nuts! I use Rotella T6 from the first oil change too... And it's bad too! Sounds like I've dropped a valve for how often it ticks, especially at high idle.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I now have 18000 miles on my truck and just did another oil change. Boom, out of left field it's got one hell of a tick now... Driving me nuts! I use Rotella T6 from the first oil change too... And it's bad too! Sounds like I've dropped a valve for how often it ticks, especially at high idle.
kick on the high idle next to a building or a group of cars.. it sounds as if something is gonna explode!

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.