Famous 6.7 tick after oil change

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
IMG950439_zpsf16d75f8.jpg

mileage is awesome also

what model years show what gear your in like that? also, was that a mpg gain with the oil itself or with the deletes and tuner?

SAK

Reaction score
mine did it at idle. doesn't do it anymore but then again i haven't changed my oil again. i got my company trucks oil changed yesterday with Valvoline and no tick thanks for the info Sak.

Glad someone decided to listen to me.

Mike, I'll make a little bet with you, put the valvoline premium blue extreme 5w-40 in your truck, if the tick isn't gone in the first 1000 miles, I will send you $100 for the oil. If it goes away you hook me up even more on the intake kit.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Ive been using 10-30 rotella with no tick, wonder why some are and some arent

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
stupid question, when are you gus doing your first oil changes? i figured it would be best to do it early because of engine assembly lube, but doesnt seem like people do early changes.

Did my first at 5k and just did it again at 10k. But I'm anal like that.

My concern is It took me a year and a half to get to 10k so I'm wondering if its ok to keep the oil in it that long between changes. I have heard that 6 months regardless of miles it should be changed because the oil naturally breaks down?

And I'm using RP with no ticking.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
They say absolutely no longer than a year. I also say 6 months just for good measure

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I love all these oil discussions.

I want to ask you guys one question....

How many of us on here have had an engine oil related failure or have seen one recently in the last 5 yrs? No matter brand. As long as the oil pan was full of oil....

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
I have yet to hear of even one... I just want this damn tick to go away...

I could not find the Valvoline Extreme 5w40, so I tried Rotella T6 5w40....

still ticking away....

Next change, Valvoline, and see if that holds up.... Gonna have to order it, apparently.... No one around me, or in my parts of NC stocks enough....

01PSD

Reaction score

still ticking away....

Next change, Valvoline, and see if that holds up.... Gonna have to order it, apparently.... No one around me, or in my parts of NC stocks enough....

I've never seen it here in NC either.

CATDiezel

Reaction score

How many of us on here have had an engine oil related failure or have seen one recently in the last 5 yrs? No matter brand. As long as the oil pan was full of oil....

Ill answer my own question. The first one that comes to mind is "DAN" in the 6.7L section about the cfd turbo and rod bearing failure. But with a quick diagnostic I would venture to say "lack thereof" not quality.

G Racing

Reaction score

still ticking away....

I will ship some oil to ya.

12stroker

Reaction score
Ill answer my own question. The first one that comes to mind is "DAN" in the 6.7L section about the cfd turbo and rod bearing failure. But with a quick diagnostic I would venture to say "lack thereof" not quality.

When the 6.7 was first released there was stock engine failure there was several posted on the forums.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.