FICM Tuning?

superdutyman97

Reaction score
I've searched and read a few threads on it on here but I haven't found the exact answers I'm looking for. I'm considering php tuning as a way to pick up a little fuel economy and some more go. I've heard claims of really good gains and just a little boost in performace. What's the real world effects of FICM tuning? I know it helps with cold starts, but I'm curious about the all around results. Also, I'll be adding to the list of goodies after Christmas with an sf3 or x3 with Matt's tunes and an egr delete. My 2005 has the later strategy, would an ECM rollback make a huge difference in an FICM tune? It's a lot of questions at once but I'd rather do it right and have better results. Thanks guys.

yeehaw

Reaction score
i didn't notice a lot with the swamps ficm, truck starts as good as it did before i installed it, and it didn't do much more on the dyno. Just my experience.

Jarrod B

Reaction score
im currently running php atlas tune and cut at 58v. the tune helps on the start ups to 1500 rpms. even on the stock ecm trucks, i saw a power gain.

Kbryant777

Reaction score
i was running the hurcules tune. I really liked it. truck started better on cold mornings, had better mpg's, and more pep down low

Six Liter

Reaction score
I'm running Swamp's 58 volt with the PHP 80 tune and the biggest difference I noticed was throttle response........not really better on fuel mileage because I did bigger injectors at the same time and can't keep my foot out of it. Crazy quick throttle response tho. Never was on the dyno before and after but feels stronger anyway.

bboteler

Reaction score
I'm prob a good one for this...bill rolled my vx7 to a vx4 and had my swamps 58v upgraded by bill to the atlas 40. In conjunction I had him change my stock program to his 65hp tow tune. All in All with my other mods I'm happy. I went from 14.7 on TSD's Super Panty to 16.1. All mixed driving and some farm work.

Now with that said I have run other high hp tunes, gear head and idp and the results were comparable, I don't have any alliance to any one tuner I just like the TSD the best right now. With a few new changes in the works my modded ficm may not benefit me much more as bigger sticks and some turbo "tweeks" are in the very near future.

You will see throttle response, some mpg's and improved startups but how you drive it makes the biggest difference with mpg's. The others are solid definates.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.