FICM wiring harness

Zmann

Reaction score
the last time this was discussed i believe the van harness was mentioned
but i don't think anyone did the swap ,, someone could sell a relocation kit but it looks like the real problem is the internal components and cold solder joints ..

consider the improved heatsink of the bulletproof unit

SICKS LITER

Reaction score
i have a bunch of ficm harnesses with broken connectors laying around, you could probably use one to extend your harness but it would be alot of work.

a bullet proof FICM should be showing up here tomorrow or tuesday, i will take pictures

Mdub707

Reaction score
I don't see heat being the major issue. Last time this was discussed I seem to remember everyone agreeing there was no real benefit to doing this.

yamaha6927

Reaction score
well just replaced the FICM last night and its running great but that damn harness connect is causing some occassional issues its not snapping in all the way. im just happy truck is running again for now ill work on that harness after i find the short in the system that is causing me to blow fuses for tailights/dashlights.

Zmann

Reaction score
u can buy the replacement connector and transfer all the wires

Mdub707

Reaction score
are the snaps broke or are you just having trouble getting them clipped? You have to kind of rock it back and forth to seat them really good. I can never "hear" my big one clip, but the two smaller ones I can. PITA.

yamaha6927

Reaction score
I check the harness its clicked in fine everytime I drive and hit bump or any hill my water in fuel light comes on as well as glow plug light also before when it gave me the problem I lost taillights ad dashlights it keeps blowing fuze is there a connection? Codes showing are P2290, P2614, P2617, P0000 any help would be greatly appreciated this is my only vehicle

Mdub707

Reaction score
P2290 - ICP too low
P2614 - cam position sensor
P2617 - crankshaft position sensor

Typically the cam and crank sensors are falsely thrown when you crank a lot and the truck doesn't start, but it can be linked to some of the wiring feeding the FICM. I bet the wire harness has some issues.

You should take the time to read through this document here: http://www.fordtechservice.dealerconnection.com/vdirs/subsites/diag/6.0L_FICM_Guide.pdf

It will talk about the codes you have and probably pin point the areas for you to check over. Page 15 would be a good area to read a couple times. It would be nice if you had a scanner and could monitor FICM SYNC while driving, and see what happens when your problem arises.

Last edited:

yamaha6927

Reaction score
well luckily it went away since i was last on here but will continue research so i can be prepared for when it happens again i appreciate the help. i currently have a livewire tuner you think that could read while driving? im pretty new to this and trying to learn as much as possible. unfortunately due to tuner left in truck while it was down screen is fried it comes up for initial turn on then can barely see anything

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Suspect FICM harness chafed on valve cover/stud/FICM bracket, etc. worse on 03-04 models. Possible on all years of F series.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.