Finished my manifold::

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
I just finished my manifold, I did some porting and poishing. It should flow almost as much as a gogo. Some of the porting was to match porting, I also cleaned the manifold and sensor, IAT was really dirty. Here's some pictures, can't wait to get it on the truck, should flow really nice, and hope it makes a difference.
IMAG0107.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
How did you port it without cutting it open?

I did some lite porting on the outside , port matched for gaskets and such. Ported the neck and poshished the neck to help flow.
I'm not selling these things, it was built for me by me. Not as nice as Absolute's, but I think it will do the job for me. I expect to see some type of lower egt with it also. Bolts are stock and go all the way thur one bolt method, something else I wanted to try. I have some more work to do for the egr throttle body valve block to help give me some added performance, hoping to boost rwhp by 100 or so with the valve body mod, also will be doing mod to elbow.
I have been getting all my parts ready for my build, will be starting mid week, and finished by next week if all goes right. I'll post some results and pictures when I get them on the manifold, weather it works or not.

Last edited:

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I just finished my manifold, I did some porting and poishing. It should flow almost as much as a gogo. Some of the porting was to match porting, I also cleaned the manifold and sensor, IAT was really dirty. Here's some pictures, can't wait to get it on the truck, should flow really nice, and hope it makes a difference.
View attachment 14448

View attachment 14449

View attachment 14450

View attachment 14451

View attachment 14452

bold statement to make. for just some inlet porting and port matching...:poke:

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
I did some lite porting on the outside , port matched for gaskets and such. Ported the neck and poshished the neck to help flow.
I'm not selling these things, it was built for me by me. Not as nice as Absolute's, but I think it will do the job for me. I expect to see some type of lower egt with it also. Bolts are stock and go all the way thur one bolt method, something else I wanted to try. I have some more work to do for the egr throttle body valve block to help give me some added performance, hoping to boost rwhp by 100 or so with the valve body mod, also will be doing mod to elbow.
I have been getting all my parts ready for my build, will be starting mid week, and finished by next week if all goes right. I'll post some results and pictures when I get them on the manifold, weather it works or not.

100rwhp gain? What valve body mod are you talking about?

Garrett

probably getting paid at work to post this from my bionic

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
You think your manifold flows as much as the Gogo unit while still maintaining thru bolts and at least some of the interior webbing that is clearly visible through the exit ports in your last picture? I'm not saying you didn't make improvements - but just maintaining the thru bolts eve with that portion of the webbing cut out is a pretty big hindrance to flow just because of the disturbance to the flow path.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
I don't think I made a bold statment at all, and there is a little more porting involved. I followed all the porting rules, and mods on this manifold from the man himself SMOKEY YUNICK. Some of the members on here won't know who I'm talking about, but the ones that do are getting a big clue on what is going on with this mod. The egr throttle valve along with elbow are also being taking out of smokey bag of tricks example. I have read his book and always wanted to do the things he did, just fun engineering.:naughty:

The ERG valve throttle body mod will get me at least 80rwhp up to 300rwhp depending on the mod I go with.

I hope I have everyone zoning on this and I will be getting some more pictures of the mods later today.

Have fun a try to guess the mods, I think they will shock the members on my maddness. Thanks

: one more hint, sometimes a manifold is like a box of chocolates, they may look the same on the outside but it's what on the inside that you don't know until you snap it open.(can't bite a manifold).....

Last edited:

Karls03

Reaction score
Well alright I'll be the first to ask..

Who the hell is Smokey Yunick? LOL

It would be easier for you to Google Smokey than it would be for me to explain him here. In short, when he wasn't thinking outside of the box making things work better than anyone else could, he was doing things like welding a differential cover plate to the back of a 9 inch rear end under an early Camaro because it was SUPPOSED to be running a 12 bolt in that sanctioning body. In short, he's right up there with Gale Banks, Vic Edelbrock Sr & Jr, Carol Shelby and many other engineer hot rodders of that era that helped put us where we are now.

His high temp Fiero put the "high temps = low performance/mileage" theory on it's head.

http://www.legendarycollectorcars.c...s-see-and-hear-it-run-in-our-exclusive-video/

06_Whitebull

Reaction score
Wrote some book about engine building.......

Household name in the early years of NASCAR, and a phenomenal builder. Had a garage in Daytona Fl. until the late 80's.

Latest posts

Members online