fog lights on with high beam

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I ran the power through one of the switches on the dash and ran wire from the fog light power to the headlight switch then to uplifter switch. I believe. Been a while and it isn't near. Running the power from the hl switch to the fog light gives it power when lights are on high beam.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Owners manual has the location of the relays. Probably passenger side kick panel where the fuse panel is.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
The clean and easy way is to jump the relay for fog lights out. One wire and good to go.

Would you explain this please.I tried to find the right relay, only one in the kick panel. I removed it and the lights still come on with that relay removed.
i understand relay's if I can find the right damn one.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
Would you explain this please.I tried to find the right relay, only one in the kick panel. I removed it and the lights still come on with that relay removed.
i understand relay's if I can find the right damn one.

i havent looked yet but i bet its under the hood.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
i tried figureing it out today not so much....under the kick pannel is just fuses. and couldnt find it under the hood. so i thought i could jump it at the dash switch...nope. im lost on this one. so please someone who has done this let us know.

White_monster

Reaction score
Got to find the fog light relay guys. I don't have my manual with me but here's how I did it. Pull the relay. Find the constant power in wire and jump from that pin to the fog lights on wire. After you do this your fog lights will remain on whenever you switch the fogs on regardless wether you select high or low beam. Have fun

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
guaranteed they are under the hood in the main fuse panel, on the drivers side. manual is your best friend here. just gotta pull a bracket with the stupid ***king rubber mounting plugs.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Can anyone check the manual they have for me. I have looked over mine for while and I do not have a relay named for the fog lights.
I found the fuse for the fog lamp relay feed, but that is in the kick panel.
I figured I woulf try this before I start pulling the relays with the fog lights on.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Well went out with the girlfriend turning the fogs on and off. Cant feel what relay activates them.
Any Help on which one?

tensixniner

Reaction score
Headlamps and fog lamps are controlled by the Smart Junction Box.
There is no seperate or external relay for either of them.
No idea what the other guys are talking about, I'm looking at the wiring diagram and the "relay" is internal to the SJB and labeled "Non-Serviceable".

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
Headlamps and fog lamps are controlled by the Smart Junction Box.
There is no seperate or external relay for either of them.
No idea what the other guys are talking about, I'm looking at the wiring diagram and the "relay" is internal to the SJB and labeled "Non-Serviceable".

thats what the ford tech that i know said but wasnt sure if he was just saying that. so FUBAR

Latest posts

Members online