Foglight Switch Mod

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I did some searching on having my fog lights on with my parking lights, and found that people were saying to drill out a ramp in the switch. I pulled my switch, and found all sorts of moving parts that look like they could be causing it to not come out. I did not attempt to take the switch apart due to not wanting to damage it.

Non auto lights, I know the auto works fogs with parking lights.

Anyone point me in the right direction on where to drill?

Thanks

ftast350

Reaction score
Basically the switch will be angled to pull it back in as you turn it. If you turn it to the park light all you have to do is carve out the plastic to match the headlamp position (possibly elongate it to ride along a post of sorts. It's kind of a pain to get the switch apart and to keep it together after but take your time and you will see

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
So am i doing that from where i can see the shaft for the headlight knob or from the rear where there is a gold colored piece?

ftast350

Reaction score
On the knob it's self if I remember correctly. Should be clear plastic.

ftast350

Reaction score
I can't post a picture or a link (no taptalk) hit up Google with f150 fog light switch mod and check out the one on svtlightning.Com I think it is. I know it's an f150 but it should be relatively the same for the 04 SD.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Cool thanks man. Thats got som pretty decent pictures. I was worried about acrewing something up. That should make it easier.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Got this done today, as we were slow at work, and who the hell wants to work on saturday when you aint making any money right? Only thing i did different from the write up that ftast350 recommended, was instead of gluing the faceplate back on, a soldering iron worked very well to re melt the cut plastic retainers. On the couple that cut too far down, a zip tie was used as basically filler rod. I used a carbide bit on an angle grinder to get the ramp right, as a file was taking way too long. But it works awesome, just like factory, but in the park light position as well.

Latest posts

Members online