Ford 6.0 problems

Reaction score
Warning:: multiple issues beware

I've browsed through others threads on my issue but non of them relate/or have the same mods that i have so I wanted to be sure on my issue.

Truck is a 03 f250 6.0 265k
mods are egr delete, upgraded turbo drain tube, 4" straight pipe, tune is vivians looney, stock studs.

I noticed a week ago at 55 in od my truck would start to buck/stutter once it warmed completely up the problem somewhat went away. figured injector was going but threw no codes.

every once in a blue moon the truck would puff a good cloud of white smoke when starting in the morning (figured normal 6.0 injector stiction)

The last two or 3 months my degas container would be under minimum so I'd add some maybe 1/8-1.4 of gallon, few days later it would be back at the same low level (but it would never go below that one low spot).

Finally today i happened to look under the hood on two occasions and noticed it almost looked like the coolant was bubble inside the degas bottle (but cant tell if there was just coolant re-entering the bottle). And just now the truck is fully warmed up sitting at a red light it starts blowing white smoke, not nothing heavy just noticable so I drove it home and let it sit running and there is barely some white smoke still coming out.

My coolant temp stays in the mid 190s and my EOT stays 195-200.
Lowest I have ever seen my ficm drop is 47.5v.

So whatchal think?
Please help :flush:

CoastalF350

Reaction score
Same problem mine had. Figured it out once it got super hot (250 eot) while coming back into town.... Head studs

Reaction score
My oil level stays full never lose oil.

When it was sitting in the yard it smelt like diesel

When I was sitting at the red light couldnt tell, Too many junker cars running around me.

02POWERSTROKE7.3

Reaction score
More than likely its time for headgaskets but it needs to me diagnosed in person. Drive it hard on your way home and see if it still has pressure on the cooling system the next morning. Also any coolant stains on the coolant reservoir from it puking?

Reaction score
More than likely its time for headgaskets but it needs to me diagnosed in person. Drive it hard on your way home and see if it still has pressure on the cooling system the next morning. Also any coolant stains on the coolant reservoir from it puking?

No signs of puking. I cleaned the area completely because I suspected that but it does not puke.
Also the cooling system still has pressure 5 hours or so after turn off never checked over night I will tommorrow am

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Gary

Reaction score
I think the first thing I would do is "T" a pressure gauge in the cooling system and see what you get.

Latest posts

Members online