Ford Lean?

73_stroker

Reaction score
I posted this on powerstroke.org also, but my truck is leaning to the driver side and it is lifted "supposedly" 10 inches. The guy before me did the lift. My question is what could be causing it? In the front he used shackles to lift the truck and it could possibly be sitting on stock springs. Could 220k+ miles on stock springs with the shackle lift be causing the issue? The center of the front wheels sit further forward than the center of the wheel well.

1z6txkn.jpg

Last edited:

wildbill963258

Reaction score
your truck leaning could be all kinds of things it could be that the weight that has been put in the bed wasnt distributed evenly or it could be that he was fat a$$ and he wore the springs out more on that side because he never had the truck loaded or never had any passengers that were just as heavy as he was LOL but the axles being moved forward has nothing to do with your lean that was done to help make steering that monster easier LOL

02BigD

Reaction score
I've had 4 completely different spring setups on my truck, has always leaned to the drivers side. There Is a thread about this in the 6.7 section as well, so it is still going on.

73_stroker

Reaction score
Really? So the shackles have nothing to do with it? Replacing the springs wouldnt solve the problem either? I'm uploading pics now, gotta host them somewhere...

Last edited:

wildbill963258

Reaction score
what i would do if i were ya'll guys is i would keep like 3 75lbs bags of sand on the passenger side in the bed that will help distribute the trucks weight on the suspension evenlyi dont have that issue because well you gotta love 2wd twin beam front axle OBS trucks LOL

73_stroker

Reaction score
what i would do if i were ya'll guys is i would keep like 3 75lbs bags of sand on the passenger side in the bed that will help distribute the trucks weight on the suspension evenlyi dont have that issue because well you gotta love 2wd twin beam front axle OBS trucks LOL

If that would fix the damn thing I'd probably do it.

eng53ine

Reaction score
Full tank of fuel?

02 F-250, ccsb, auto, 6637, 4" turbo back, riff raff billet wheel, canned ts

deiter5262

Reaction score
I think the OBS style had the same issue. My 1997 CCSB had a slight driver side lean... You know I bet you guys are right. Its for excessive driving with a person in the driver seat and no one else in the passenger side or bed to offset the weight. Yes, its common on Ford but yours looks more severe than what I've seen.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
That's a pretty intense lean. My truck has the same problem, but not near as bad. 260K on original springs is what I believe is causing it. I balance it out by putting more air in my drivers side air bags.

73_stroker

Reaction score
That's a pretty intense lean. My truck has the same problem, but not near as bad. 260K on original springs is what I believe is causing it. I balance it out by putting more air in my drivers side air bags.

You went with air bag suspension?

I'd like to fix it for cheap, cause I'm not looking to put a lot of money in this thing now. It's not worth it to me. If there's a cheaper solution (sand bags? lol) i'll go with it.

Yea man, its a bad lean. That was damn near level ground too. Maybe a slight cant to the left.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
You went with air bag suspension?

I'd like to fix it for cheap, cause I'm not looking to put a lot of money in this thing now. It's not worth it to me. If there's a cheaper solution (sand bags? lol) i'll go with it.

Yea man, its a bad lean. That was damn near level ground too. Maybe a slight cant to the left.

It is a Firestone kit for towing. My lean is only about 3/4" so I can easily fix it with about 20psi more air on the drivers side.

You could always add weight to the passenger side, but with your lean it will take quite a bit.

Layson

Reaction score
That looks pretty bad. Something is definitely messed up. Might need a new spring or have you checked to make sure there isn't any broken/cracked springs? Sometimes they are hard to see.

Jason

Reaction score
My old 02 ccsb was dead level stock. I lifted it, level...lowered it to a leveling kit..leaned. i took the truck to spring shop, and they re-arched them. The results?? A perfectly level truck with a driver, and tank of fuel. Boom!

Latest posts

Members online