Ford Lean?

DocBar

Reaction score
OP, have you considered taking the truck to a reputable shop that specializes in lifts and getting their opinion? I have no experience with lift, nut throwing weight onto the passenger side seems kind of "shade tree mechanic" stuff to me. Not trashing the guys who advised that, just thinking that there could be an actual problem with that much lean.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I'd just take the truck to a spring shop and tell them you want the drivers side springs re arched to compensate for the lean, like Jason said he did in a previous post.

ibestroken

Reaction score
Had a truck do that but not quite as bad. It was a brand new 6in superlift all spring and it sit about 1 in too low on left side. I had the front left spring re-arched and it fixed the issue. Also my truck had a Detroit locker in the back and that will cause the truck to cock or be in a bind when parking even with it sitting level while driving.

73_stroker

Reaction score
It's the front leaf spring. We looked at it from the back and it's extremely noticeable. Any ideas where I can get a new 10 leaf spring?

deiter5262

Reaction score
You went with air bag suspension?

I'd like to fix it for cheap, cause I'm not looking to put a lot of money in this thing now. It's not worth it to me. If there's a cheaper solution (sand bags? lol) i'll go with it.

Yea man, its a bad lean. That was damn near level ground too. Maybe a slight cant to the left.

I would put new springs or price them to get re-arched like others mentioned.

Layson

Reaction score
It's the front leaf spring. We looked at it from the back and it's extremely noticeable. Any ideas where I can get a new 10 leaf spring?

If you know what kit is on your truck, then you might be able to get that warrantied.

But if not I would just get two new leaf spring setups. Do both sides. Do like a deaver or icon setup.

73_stroker

Reaction score
If you know what kit is on your truck, then you might be able to get that warrantied.

But if not I would just get two new leaf spring setups. Do both sides. Do like a deaver or icon setup.

ah Icon, I was trying to go through google and see brands of lifts. I'm thinking about biting the bullet and taking my money for a turbo and going all BDS suspension.

Layson

Reaction score
If you like the way it rides now I would just get the springs. If you don't like it then get something else like an icon setup. You will notice a difference in ride with an icon setup versus a BDS setup. Icon will ride nicer.

73_stroker

Reaction score
Can you tell if it is a front or rear spring?

It's definitely a front spring. It's a little rough ride right now prob cause the drive shaft wasnt lengthened or wasnt done properly.

Driver side front spring is almost flat in the rear, there is nowhere near the curve the passenger side has.

Let me ask you also, would having 12 leafs as in the icon setup raise the suspension a tad? Mine currently has 10 leafs.

What bracket style do the 2003's have? Squared or rounded-ish? Square right?

Last edited:

Layson

Reaction score
It's definitely a front spring. It's a little rough ride right now prob cause the drive shaft wasnt lengthened or wasnt done properly.

Driver side front spring is almost flat in the rear, there is nowhere near the curve the passenger side has.

Let me ask you also, would having 12 leafs as in the icon setup raise the suspension a tad? Mine currently has 10 leafs.

What bracket style do the 2003's have? Squared or rounded-ish? Square right?

If your driveline is not the right length and you hit the wrong bump you will have some MAJOR issues....LOL, that goes for even it is too long or too short...LOL

I would just change out the front springs. All you have to find out is how much lift is your front springs set up for. Then that is the height that matters. You will have to put in new U bolts.

Not sure what you mean by bracket style though?

73_stroker

Reaction score
If your driveline is not the right length and you hit the wrong bump you will have some MAJOR issues....LOL, that goes for even it is too long or too short...LOL

I would just change out the front springs. All you have to find out is how much lift is your front springs set up for. Then that is the height that matters. You will have to put in new U bolts.

Not sure what you mean by bracket style though?

It had an option when I went to customize the BDS system. I think your idea is the better one. I can keep my shocks and everything, just replace the springs. Do you know the best place to get them? I found them on mkm and they wont ship to me.

Reaction score
that's what fords fix is for the new trucks.. they just shim the springs.. id prolly just add a couple hundred pounds to the passenger side frame rail...

live life full throttle

I was joking for the most part, But if they use a plate/block and are able to put a center pin it in there should be no issue.

Latest posts

Members online