Ford sync touch screen messing up after PIP tune

thor943

Reaction score
I have a 2015 F250 with sctx4 and PIP tunes. I am putting this question under this section because the problem didn't start until after I installed the PIP tunes. The truck runs great now but my radio screen is acting up. When I touch the screen on a button it selects something else on the screen. Also when I use my steering wheel controls it doesn't respond correctly. If I press tune up it jumps around. I didn't have this problem before installing the V7 pip tunes. This is the only problem. Is there a fix or do I have to bring to ford

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I have a 2015 F250 with sctx4 and PIP tunes. I am putting this question under this section because the problem didn't start until after I installed the PIP tunes. The truck runs great now but my radio screen is acting up. When I touch the screen on a button it selects something else on the screen. Also when I use my steering wheel controls it doesn't respond correctly. If I press tune up it jumps around. I didn't have this problem before installing the V7 pip tunes. This is the only problem. Is there a fix or do I have to bring to ford

its got to be a coincidence.

thor943

Reaction score
I have no doubt it is prob. a coincidence. I was just hoping for solution. I will be trying the fuse option this afternoon when I get home. I know when I first bought the truck it did the same thing. It worked fine when I drove it off the lot and then the radio went crazy on day 2. I brought it back and they told me they flashed the radio with the latest software and it was fixed, and it was until I installed the tune. I also lost my numbers for the gears that appears on the lcd screen in the gauge cluster when I installed the tune. That doesn't really bother me but I would like my radio to work properly. Thanks for the advice guys.

thor943

Reaction score
Sync is on the bcm tuning it in no way should effect it
Does anyone know if ford will flag my truck if I take it to a dealer to have them reflash the radio. I tried the fuse out for 5 min. That didn't work. I also unhooked both batteries and that didn't work either.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Does anyone know if ford will flag my truck if I take it to a dealer to have them reflash the radio. I tried the fuse out for 5 min. That didn't work. I also unhooked both batteries and that didn't work either.

depends on the dealer, but just talk to the advisor. honestly you can update the radio yourself using the myfordsync updates.

Latest posts

Members online