Fox release of new products

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Fox is in the process of releasing some new shocks for the superduty.

I have been testing some of these shocks for a few months now, and have to say i am very impressed with them. For anyone that has a 2.0 shock and wants better performance and handling the 2.5 is a great and very noticeable upgrade.

The new release will be for their 2.5 series shocks that are valved for the super duty. These will be available in 2.5 resi and 2.5 resi with an adjuster.

What sets Fox's adjuster apart from the competition is that Fox has a 2 way adjuster for both high and low speed. This gives you the ultimate adjustability without moving up to a bypass series shock.

Being released late October, and accepting pre-orders now.
(the production shocks will be direct fit and will be stem to eye. The pictures below show the converter from eye to eye as the stem mounts were a few months out)

If you need any info feel free to ask or give me a call.

photo_19.jpg

photo_210.jpg

photo_37.jpg

Last edited:

BBottoms

Reaction score
Ballpark price? Probably more than I want to spend but I just bought a set of 2.0s that I'm not as impressed as I thought I'd be with.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Price for 2.5's will be 450-600 depending on whether it is equipped with the adjuster or not

Jgon08

Reaction score
How much adjustment are in the shocks? Are there just two one for high and one for low?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokinstroker

Reaction score
How much adjustment are in the shocks? Are there just two one for high and one for low?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there are 12 settings for high speed and 10 settings for low speed on the adjustability.

RSK

Reaction score
looks cooler then just plain fox shocks with resi's that for sure. i'd put my carli tuned fox shocks up against these any day of the week.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
looks cooler then just plain fox shocks with resi's that for sure. i'd put my carli tuned fox shocks up against these any day of the week.

good luck with that. I've ran carli tuned fox shocks.

as far as your comparison of a 2.0 non resi ifp shock to a 2.5 resi is in a totally different ballpark. The heat cycles in the 2.0 would have failure far before these along with the adjustability and ride quality that these produce.

Last edited:

RSK

Reaction score
good luck with that. I've ran carli tuned fox shocks.

as far as your comparison of a 2.0 non resi ifp shock to a 2.5 resi is in a totally different ballpark. The heat cycles in the 2.0 would have failure far before these along with the adjustability and ride quality that these produce.

My buddy has fox shocks with resi's in his lifted cummins, with 20x12's 35's brand new front end and only 74k on the clock...not impressed with them. I don't doubt the resi will help with the heat, but i'd guess carli knows how to tune a shock for the street better then me and a lot of people on here. I stay on the road with my truck 95% of the time so for the street and little offroad use my truck see's tough to justify 2400 on shocks. Maybe if i was a dealer for them and got a set given to me to try out or got them below or cost it would be worth it. But that's not happening lol

NY_Mott

Reaction score
My buddy has fox shocks with resi's in his lifted cummins, with 20x12's 35's brand new front end and only 74k on the clock...not impressed with them. I don't doubt the resi will help with the heat, but i'd guess carli knows how to tune a shock for the street better then me and a lot of people on here. I stay on the road with my truck 95% of the time so for the street and little offroad use my truck see's tough to justify 2400 on shocks. Maybe if i was a dealer for them and got a set given to me to try out or got them below or cost it would be worth it. But that's not happening lol

What your set of Carli's cost, its not as if your spending $2400 over the Carli set.

Jomax

Reaction score
Can I just put fron resi's then a 2.5 without resi's in the rear? If so how much would a set cost?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

RSK

Reaction score
What your set of Carli's cost, its not as if your spending $2400 over the Carli set.

640. well it kind is since i already have them. I think its a cool idea to have them this adjustable and a lot if r&d went into this, i'm just saying i don't think many on here will be able to tune the shocks nearly as good as someone who does this all day everyday(icon, fox or carli, king). Just like tunes for the trucks can some people on here write tunes, ya but i doubt many could write tunes better then innovative or gear head... As examples...

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Understood and good point.
I'm am not near ready for some but am really interested in these or Carli. So that's why I ask.

Look forward to seeing your setup tomorrow.

RSK

Reaction score
Understood and good point.
I'm am not near ready for some but am really interested in these or Carli. So that's why I ask.

Look forward to seeing your setup tomorrow.

No doubt these could do a lot better off road, if you have time to learn how to tune your shocks and i doubt its an hour affair to tune them, probably hours and hours of adjusting. I just think after paying 600 a shock having to adjust them isn't what most want but they look pretty badazz!

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Can I just put fron resi's then a 2.5 without resi's in the rear? If so how much would a set cost?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Shoot me a pm and we can work up a ballpark for what you need.

As with any shock setup, you don't HAVE to run the same one at every corner, you can mix front to rear or corners etc.

smokinstroker

Reaction score

I read your first sentence and once again your comparing apples to oranges.

These are not 2.0 shocks. I'm glad you rode in a buddies truck with 2.0 resi's and weren't impressed from yours (whatever your running from your ebay seller) but a 2.5 entails a much more controlled ride and will deal with the weight of these trucks much better.

Anyone that has ran a 2.0 than 2.5 on the same suspensions setup will tell you the 2.5 road better, handled better in corners and helped control the vehicle better. Ontop of that fox is introducing the 22 levels of adjustability that allows you to dial it in to how you drive and where (street/Offroad aggressive/modest)
They may not be meant for the daily driver to some people, some people want the most adjustability and best ride they can get.

Yes they require adjusting, as do most shocks that are higher end and move up the scale in shock performance. Hence what your paying for, ADJUSTABILITY. that's why they offer a more basic shock that is pre valved so you can bolt on and go, if that's what you are looking for.

Really don't like taking stabs and calling people out but you constantly quoting your prices on here from ebay and shooting down products that are not even the same gets old. If they aren't in your ballpark on price or don't see spending the money on them because yours are good enough, why when post?