Fried 6r140

TrickTruck

Reaction score
if I start my truck and throw it into gear it won't go anywhere for a few seconds, then bang into reverse.

if I let it finish booting up the display it's fine.

I don't know if there's any driveability issues as the truck doesn't really have any problems.

Though I hope it helps the harsh shift from 2nd to 3rd when it's cold. Not bad at all once the tranny is warm, but when it's cold it's a really hard shift.

My truck doesn't act like you describe.

gloan93

Reaction score
Yeah is anyone running a built one yet? I'd like to know what it's like an if you like it. Is it a big difference from the stock 6r:rockon:

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Our 2011 was flaring on the 2-3 and on the 4-5. I ended up changing the valve body/control assembly. It's shifting great again.

gloan93

Reaction score
ok my truck free revs in 4th but if I let off or manually shift an left off for 5 seconds it goes in an runs fine. it will downshift all day to 4th no problems. when tuner is turned up it grunts wonder if it is the pump? someone please chim in. I hate to spend 4g for a built tranny when possibly it's not much

gfulton

Reaction score
How long did it take them? I know it's only supposed to be 6hrs labor, but for some bizzare reason Ford rules that the truck must sit on site while it waits on parts. No ordering of parts in advance.

Dropped mine off this morning, pick up tomorrow at 4pm, parts are already here..........Gary

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
im impressed that in 22k this transminssion has let go. Im at 90k and ive beat the crap out of mine. i use it for what a truck is suppose to be used for, lots of long hauls, heavy loads hooked behind it, and daily drive it to work. Some weeks i put 1500 miles on it. Tuned and have all the deletes on mine, stock intake and stock down pipe for now and mine still acts new.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Dropped mine off this morning, pick up tomorrow at 4pm, parts are already here..........Gary
That sux. Dropped mine off this morning too. My truck has to sit on site while the parts are ordered. At the earliest, it won't be until next Monday. WTF Ford doesn't allow it's dealers to order the parts in advance is beyond me.

They gave me a Focus to drive. If y'all never hear from me again you'll know I died in this tiny POS.

Elliott6.7

Reaction score
Mine's heading in tomorrow for said TSB. It has had the delayed engagement since new.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

gfulton

Reaction score
That sux. Dropped mine off this morning too. My truck has to sit on site while the parts are ordered. At the earliest, it won't be until next Monday. WTF Ford doesn't allow it's dealers to order the parts in advance is beyond me.

They gave me a Focus to drive. If y'all never hear from me again you'll know I died in this tiny POS.

Maybe I spoke too soon, they called this morning and it wil be tomorrow noon before before truck is ready, we shall see :blah:

Dzchey21

Reaction score

They just let me have my truck back untill the parts showed up, said it wouldnt hurt anything

Dzchey21

Reaction score
How long did it take them? I know it's only supposed to be 6hrs labor, but for some bizzare reason Ford rules that the truck must sit on site while it waits on parts. No ordering of parts in advance.

Like i said they let me have it back, with new years and the weather it was almost two weeks before i got parts.

It took them a day and a half to do it, they had to fix the sync as well

Latest posts

Members online