Fried PCM

THETANK01

Reaction score
Just sold my 250 to a guy down in Fl. He called me yesterday saying he was driving down the interstate and he think the TS came unplug and the truck shut down. Now it just sits the and spins over but won't fire up. He also mentioned he tried to get his edge to connect via OBD2 and says it will not connect. I've had the TS come unplugged a few times when I owned the truck but it always fired right back up. Any ideas? Anyone else experienced this? The little research I have done points to a toasted PCM. Let me know yalls opinion.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
1See if the fuse for the fuel bowl heater is bad.

2Pcm relay

3Unplugging the icp sensor.

4Check to see if chip is loose.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

THETANK01

Reaction score
1See if the fuse for the fuel bowl heater is bad.

2Pcm relay

3Unplugging the icp sensor.

4Check to see if chip is loose.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I believe he did all of what you stated above

THETANK01

Reaction score
Unplug the chip and check everything above.

Either way, he bought a used truck. Sorry, but chit happens.
Nah I understand what you're saying I'm just trying to help the guy out maybe point him in the right direction. I spoke to him yesterday evening and I believe he already ordered a pcm

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Definitely the PCM. We see this all the time.

Tell him not to put the chip back on the new PCM he will be buying, as the chip is likely fried too. This could damage the good PCM. Have him send his chip off to be tested first.

Mike431987

Reaction score
Truck in question is mine. So today I borrow a 96 7.3 pcm from a local shop. Now before my edge wouldn't read and communicate with the pcm and no wait to start light. So I plug in the 96 pcm and bam my wait to start light comes on and I hook up my edge and it boots up and reads the pcm. of course it wouldn't start in assuming that's because it came out of a 96? I figured it would at least start. But yeah Justin looks like the pcm. Iv hear you guys sell em what do they run and know where I can get one reasonably priced.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
If your edge was not returned to the stock setting on the old PCM, it won't let you load on the new PCM.

Mike431987

Reaction score
The edge works on the new pcm and its just a monitor device. The tuner is a ts tuner chip that was plugged into the old pcm. The monitor device aren't vin locked Iv used it on 5 different vehicles.

Arisley

Reaction score
Yep, for monitoring they will work fine. If it is 99 to 01 is wired different from 02 and up. No clue how the OBS's are wired.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Truck in question is mine. So today I borrow a 96 7.3 pcm from a local shop. Now before my edge wouldn't read and communicate with the pcm and no wait to start light. So I plug in the 96 pcm and bam my wait to start light comes on and I hook up my edge and it boots up and reads the pcm. of course it wouldn't start in assuming that's because it came out of a 96? I figured it would at least start. But yeah Justin looks like the pcm. Iv hear you guys sell em what do they run and know where I can get one reasonably priced.

Unfortunately, we do not have any to sell. It has been this way for quite a few years now. They are just too hard to come by for us to actually stock any of them.

You can usually get a re-manufactured unit from an auto parts store. Or you may be able to find a used one on the forum classifieds or at a local wrecking yard.

The DPC # has to match with your current PCM.

Mike431987

Reaction score
Ok guys I got it back up and running. I bought a pcm
From https://www.autocomputerexchange.com. Talked to the owner Louis really cool dude hooked me up with a new idm and a new pcm it did cost a pretty penny almost$500 for both. But it's running and I'm happy plus it has a warranty. Now to get a new programmer.

Arisley

Reaction score
Sweet.

Check out a Hydra chip. Tuner of your choice can email you tunes. You can load them on the chip with a laptop. You can have tunes from different tuners on there.

It's the old TS chip on steroids.

Mike431987

Reaction score
Sweet.

Check out a Hydra chip. Tuner of your choice can email you tunes. You can load them on the chip with a laptop. You can have tunes from different tuners on there.

It's the old TS chip on steroids.

I'll have to check it out. I'll def have to find a better way to secure the chip so it doesn't come out again

Arisley

Reaction score
A picture is worth a thousand words:

10-duct-tape-320x205.jpg

Latest posts

Members online