Front brake upgrade

TARM

Reaction score
I agree with Rodslinger, all the slotted rotors I have seen you have the slots angle turning in the opposite direction which would be had by flipping the right and lefts from how they are currently in that picture.

Crack85

Reaction score
Should look like this

u5ejeru4.jpg

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
I think you have them on the wrong side.

I agree with Rodslinger, all the slotted rotors I have seen you have the slots angle turning in the opposite direction which would be had by flipping the right and lefts from how they are currently in that picture.

Depends on the inner fins.
Should've had a paper saying which is which.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
They were labeled on the rotors, I didn't know which way the slots went
I'll pull a wheel off and double check

Edit:
I guess they think differently
I thought I put them on like they were labeled
Should I call them?? What do yall think, these are my first slotted/drilled rotors

710a767f7007ddd69a80e32cc4b1f4a4.jpg

861ae6eb05144ab5386cd2e54d8cadb4.jpg

Last edited:

TARM

Reaction score
Sorry I got myself turned around. It is the direction of the internal cooling vanes brtween the two outer surfaces that dictate direction. They should be angled toward the rear unless they are straight not angled in which case it does not matter.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Sorry I got myself turned around. It is the direction of the internal cooling vanes brtween the two outer surfaces that dictate direction. They should be angled toward the rear unless they are straight not angled in which case it does not matter.
Yes cooling fins are straight on these

IdahoF350

Reaction score
Are you speaking of the old Syn power synthetic which was stopped being made in 08-09 ( maybe there is still some old stock around)? I am having to go off memory but I think it was Wet: 343°F Dry:502°F Valvoline's current brake fluid product is Valvoline Syn DOT 3, 4 which is a DOT 4 according to its corp site. I see no other fluid listed there that rates higher.

I will check but last time I checked that was not the case. Maybe Val has different ones I do not know about?

But I will say I always go directly to the manf to get actual numbers or confirm them with the list if I find one as I have found a large amount of the lists to have numbers that are quite inflated over what the specs actually are. Its why I listed that list in my last post as all the ones I checked were correct and he keeps it regularly updated ( last time according to the site:"Updated June 25, 2014: Added Gulf fluids. (list currently shows 66 different fluids)") and I did not want to convert/edit my spreadsheet into something that would post correctly only that data and I have not checked it in 6 months so....

All I could find on Val brake fluid was below:

I went straight to their site: http://www.valvoline.com/products/consumer-products/brake-fluids/ and also went thru their various other branded names in the links in the left side bar.

Valvoline DOT 3/4 (DOT 4) Wet 311°F Dry 480°F Dif 169°F (Here is the link to the offical Valvoline PDF tech spec http://www.valvoline.com/pdf/valvoline_brake_fluid.pdf)

Maybe there is a different Valvoline brake fluid that I missed?

Nope, it was the old SynPower formula. I knew it wasn't popular, but wasn't aware it was discontinued. For an every day street fluid, it was excellent. I started using it way back in the late '90s and in 2002, I ran it in my track car because the clutch and brakes shared a common remote reservoir, and with the monster clutches we ran, the hydraulic release bearings would smoke the fluid, turning Ford HD or any other standard fluid grey in one day of running, and it was cheaper to change fluid regularly than mess with separate reservoirs, space was a premium. I used so much of it I used to buy cases of the pint and quart bottles and I still have several bottles, since I stopped racing in 2006. Bummer it's gone.

Sent by my right thumb!

TARM

Reaction score
I see that happen quite a bit. It sucks when something good is taken off the market. The same now has happened because of the DOT with the ATE super blue. Becuase oh so many people are going to make a mistake because its blue and not clear or amber. If anything I would say clear would be more confusing that anything.

lowbedriver

Reaction score
I have the ssbc calipers on my dually and they do stop a lot quicker than anything else i've tried.They still fade after hard sustained braking so without bigger rotors and/or air ducting for more cooling you're still limited

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.