Front end hop

powerstroke 825

Reaction score
Ok I'm going to a drag race next weekend. Iam have changed my set up some since my last launch so I don't exactly know how it's going to be but I feel that my front end still may hop.
I know this is kind of rigged but has any of you ever ratchet strapped the front end down? If so how did it work and what's the best way of doing it. I need something fast and easy.

It's Ccsb with 305/50/20 420's 4800lbs springs in he front and no blocks in the rear

Stroked777

Reaction score
I use a ratchet strap for pulling. I just feed it over the cross member above the axle and then tighten it up. At the pulls I usually have a few friends sit or stand on the bumper to get the front end down some more. And I cut the excess off that I don't use, leaving 4-5 inches hanging (that's before you tighten it up) so you can still have some length to work with.
But make sure you orientate the ratchet in a way that you can still open it up all the way to release the strap. I forgot to do that once and had to cut the strap and get a new one. Not a big deal but you don't wanna have to keep buying straps

Stroked777

Reaction score
It's about 2-3 inches wide. Rated for 5 ton I believe, maybe 6. My first pull I did my buddy suggested I strap my front end down but I didn't have any straps so he lent me two of the 1 inch wide straps.... That didn't work out because one broke on the way to the scale from bouncing around driving over the ground and then one broke during the pull. Both were put on at the same time

Latest posts

Members online