Front leaf spring options

mustube

Reaction score
I need help deciding on front leafs for my truck in my signature. I currently have stock suspension except for an adjustable track bar and a leveling kit, have procomp adjustable shocks (going to get new shocks after my leafs are sorted) and run my toyos at 40 psi. My goal is to make the whole truck ride better (much softer) and get 4 inches of total lift up front (2 more than I have now). I don't want to do an 05 axle swap. What are my options for leafs?

I saw the Superlift Superride leafs on Summit, and they look promising, with a bunch of thin leafs instead of 2 or 3 real thick springs. I'm looking for anyone who has experience with either superlift or lift leaf springs up front in general.

Here's a link to the springs
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/slf-01-214-6/overview/year/2001/make/ford/model/f-350-super-duty

ToMang07

Reaction score
I put on X-code spring (6,000lb) to replace my work U-codes (4,800lb) and combined with a mini-spring pack I got just over 4" of lift on the front. Very happy with the ride, rides like stock except I no longer hit the bump stops....ever. I run the 315-75-16E Duratracs at 60-65psi as well, and I like the way it rides.

mustube

Reaction score
I want to go with a softer spring, not a firmer spring. You can't drive very fast on crappy dirt roads with 6000lb springs.

ToMang07

Reaction score
I want to go with a softer spring, not a firmer spring. You can't drive very fast on crappy dirt roads with 6000lb springs.

Wanna bet?

And like I said...when I put them on, I expected a harsh ride, but it rides the same as before, except higher and no more hitting the bump stops when I go off road or plow.

And if my truck can handle frost heaves in Maine I bet it can handle TX back roads, lol

To each his own I suppose.

Latest posts