Frozen EBP....Fix 1

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
So us who run in colder climates have an issue of the EBP sensor freezing up after doing a full EGR ****** because the heat from the coolant in the EGR coolers isn't keeping the water vapor thawed.

When the sensor or pipe freezes your EGT will be up 200+ from normal, boost will climb really fast and potentially into an over boost, EBP pressure will be oddly high cause it can't bleed the pressure back off quickly or will be near zero and won't change, the will be no turbo whistle at idle, assorted turbo performance codes.... and generally bagless even though you have 40+ psi of boost. Don't keep running it like this, baby it home and get it thawed.

I have removed the stand pipe and threaded the sensor directly into the feeder pipe but the water vapor will still get down there as it runs down hill to the bottom.

IMG_5102[1].JPG

I installed a drain pipe so I don't have to remove the blocker plate to remove the water. Take the plug out and fire the truck it it's clear. I'm hoping it'll be a once a month thing.

IMG_5104[1].JPG

Gen 2 will be removing the feeder pipe and moving the blocker plate with the EBP sensor threaded directly into it. This is the best fix but will done at a later date due to not being able to remove the feeder pipe at this time.

Rubenk

Reaction score
Best fix is to drill tap manifold and mount it with tube there. No issues with mine so far.

Latest posts

Members online