Fuel bowl drain.

gman1

Reaction score
Now that it has gotten colder here my fuel drain began leaking, so it was time to replace the O rings.
Last night I tore the drain apart to replace the O rings but when I tore it apart the nylon wedge and ball valve on top of the drain valve were missing??? Is this something that is critical or is it one of those "its better if its deleted mods"?
In the year and a half I have owned the truck it seems like it has not been an issue.

ghohouston

Reaction score
I dont know why on earth someone would purposely remove those things. Ill bet they tried to reseal it before and lost them, amd theyre probably sitting in the valley of yourotor, or have traveled into your bell housing lol. I dont think it will actually hurt anything. But seems like they keep the valve steady where it sits. I'd probably buy a new lever

gman1

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I wasnt sure if it was some sort of mod to the valve or it just got lost.
Yes I searched all around the valley thinking I lost it but Im sure I didnt. I guess Ill have to get a new drain. :cursing:

Latest posts

Members online