Fuel Pressure Question for my 300/200's

TyCorr

Reaction score
As long as we are on the subject of fuel systems, id urge you to consider a sump feeding some 5/8" line. That 5/8 would feed the suction side of the pump. Then run 1/2 or 3/8 to the motor. Regulate the returning fuel or simply feed the heads from esch end and regulate what you dont use in the 4 corners.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Why did you go so big? You don't have enough air, oil or fuel and its a manual.

I wondered but figured that is his business. Those 160/80 were perfect for his truck if he had an upgraded charger. Too much fuel for a stocker.

Reaction score
You need more volume before you can really determine if that frx is doing anything. Once you upgrade to a full competition style system(yes you need that much fueling) you will be rid of that frx anyway.

There is much debate about the fuel bowl and it rekevance or irrelevance depending. I removed mine four years ago and I havent ever missed it. At all.

I bought the frx when I had stock injectors and didn't plan on much. Im not thinking twice on getting rid of the fuel bowl it seems completely unnecessary with auxiliary filtration, it just sucks because I had to buy a used bowl on ebay and rebuild it last year because glowshift(I know they suck) sent me a poorly threaded fuel pressure sending unit and it cracked the port and caused a leak.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Got ya...im running Irates competition setup but with a walbro pump as it was all he had when I ordered. If you can get something similar with either dual stockers or a fuelab pump you should be good to go. The walbro has been fine for me with 250/200s and no pressure drops but I suspect im pushing it. I would like to get a "bigger" pump but its very low on my priority list.

Reaction score
Why did you go so big? You don't have enough air, oil or fuel and its a manual.

It probably wasn't the best idea, I didn't want to be limited by injectors ever again, I'm only running it like this for the time being, I have full intention on getting dual terminators and IDP's system within the next two weeks, I just have no time at all to spare, I had matt write me two tunes for now and the other four (on a ts6) for IDP's system and dual terminators, I haven't decided on a charger but I think my best bet is an s468 because its a stick. After I will have six tunes written. It's just been issue after issue because i've rushed.

ryanss22

Reaction score
This is a prime example of upgrades in the wrong order... not bashing the OP, but a full fuel and rev return system should be done before installing large inj...

Reaction score
I came up on a good deal and I didn't want to let it pass by, I knew what order I should have done things I just didn't do it. It's on a tune that was supposed to be "safe" for now but my pump must be weak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

blaze42069

Reaction score
Running them completely out of fuel will definitely cause an issue. Scoring of the plunger/barrel is the first thing that comes to mind, as well as not having any cushion for the nozzle needle.

Low fuel pressure isn't good by any means, but the truck will still run. Low fuel pressure at higher RPM can/will cause problems though, since the injectors may not be able to maintain enough fuel to provide a good cushion at the nozzle.

Ya it was full throttle uphill on 1/8 tank, the truck bucked chugged and the rpms dropped then picked up again then dropped again. Bummer. Anyone wanna buy some Rosewood 160/100s? LOL

TyCorr

Reaction score
Just tickle the throttle. You shouldnt have to use much to get that pile moving with those injectors. Take it easy. Act like its broke but functional.

Latest posts

Members online