Fuel Pressure

Powerstroked

Reaction score
Ok, I have had it with this problem. In December I started to have hesitation and idle problems at startup, accompanied by some surging at stop signs. I began with installing a fuel pressure gauge that showed a fuel pressure problem. First thing, I was on the line with Air Dog, replaced the motor/pump assembly with no luck (other than it was much quieter). From this Point I updated the wiring to the AD to 10 Ga, improved some, not enough. I thought that I may have had a pressure regulator problem so I replaced the Blue spring upgrade, changed all fuel filters on the AD and in the truck, still nothing. I moved on to the ICP (which is only a year old), this fixed the idle problems and surging, at the same time I installed a Fuel sump to eliminate the possibility of a blocked pickup. I am still stuck at 50 PSI and can't get any higher than this. Please help, there is nothing else in the system that controls fuel pressure, but I can't get above 50 psi!

Stroker04

Reaction score
There must be an issue with your Airdog somewhere those pumps have been notorious for failures. If everything else is okay no restrictions anywhere post pump it has to be an issue with the pump or regulator on the pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Call Glow shyt and they will have you ohm test the sending unit. I wish i could remember what it was supposed to be with and without a load but i cant.

fwiw when my GS went bad it first started to jump around and then would just peg out and stay there.

Does the pressure drop at WoT? If not the sender is probly bad. They will send you a new one, im on my second and its been good for around 3-4 months. It saved my injectors by letting me know i was dropping to 25 psi WOT. Lol

Latest posts

Members online