Fuel System Pump/Filter Mount

Black 02

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a fuel system for my truck because I'm gonna get some bigger injectors and remove the factory fuel bowl.

I've done some searches on the various forums for pictures of the systems installed. Not a ton of installed stuff. Both a view from when under the truck and also when standing away from it would be great.

I'm basically concerned with how far the pump bracket and filters hang down. I want the system tucked up to the floor of the truck as close as possible. My truck is lifted, but I do take it offroad sometimes and don't want a pump or filter hanging way down. Don't want to make the filters an easier rock target.....:pimp:

I've been looking at Irate's kit and also Dennis' kit. Both seem to have pros and cons. I like Irate's central filter mount, but it seems like it could hang down a long way. Dennis has a sweet regulated return, but I'm not sure about his filter and pump mounts.

If anyone has any input on this or the kits in general would be great.

Thanks in advance.

nwpastroker

Reaction score
I've ran irate kits on both an obs and a super duty. The filters don't hang down nearly as much as the "Cummings" guys with the Fass but they are below the frame rail some. Truck is in my garage right now, I'm not real good with this posting pictures stuff but if you want to pm me a cell number I would be happy to send you some pics of whatever you want

DocBar

Reaction score
I'll take some pics of my prepump filter set up. It doesn't hang down at all. I'll be adding a post pump filter and ball valves soon. I'll post pics of the two together when I'm done.

Mine is on the frame in front of the rear wheels, on the driver's side, and you can't see it unless you crawl underneath.

Binder man

Reaction score
On my OBS the hang below the frame maybe 2". But it's a regular cab with zero room to install it all. A rockguard comes in handy in front of the filters to protect them from gravel and road debri.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Dennis has a sweet regulated return, but I'm not sure about his filter and pump mounts.

What are you not sure about? I'm at TS for the weekend but I will try to either check here for your questions or would be more than happy to discuss your needs by phone next week.

Fat fingered on my iPad...not responsible for typos!

rascal

Reaction score
To OP, I created almost the exact same thread a few weeks ago. I decided to go with Dennis's kit. I am currently installing it now and all my concerns are gone. It is a very clean kit and you also have options as to where you mount the filters when installing it. The post pump comes with a bracket to install it on the bell housing but I am sure you could mount it somewhere else if you had a long enough line if you had any clearance concerns. I will be installing the post-pump kit this weekend. Finishing up the pre-pump kit now. The pre-pump filter mounts on the frame and is very secure. I am not worried about anything hitting it. Dennis provides great customer service as well.

I highly recommend the Strictly Diesel kit.

Good luck!

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Another vote for Strictly's kit. It is super clean looking and you will not be disappointed with any component of it.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I built my own years ago... I'll snap a picture tomorrow but the large final filter hangs below the frame about 1.5"... No more then the steps, or Tcase support.

907DAVE

Reaction score
My latest setup, totally stealth. My fitting store ran out of the ends I needed so I had to make due with what I had, but still has not change a year later.

IMAG_0160.jpg

PsRumors

Reaction score
I didn't want my filters hanging below the rail either. The prefilter can be tucked up high enough that it is above the bottom of the rail. The 2 micron post filter is just to long so I installed it in front of the rear tire to the bottom of the bed.

IMG_3947_zps7d25560c.jpg

PsRumors

Reaction score
Posting from my phone so a little slow. I did replace the rubber hose with a braided hose just no pictures since initial mock up.

IMG_3948_zps113693ce.jpg

It cant be seen in the pic but to get the prefilter high enough, I mounted a a piece of angle iron to the top of the frame rail and then mounted the filter head to the angle. This mounted the filer at least 2 inches higher.

IMG_3946_zps264ee639.jpg

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I didn't want my filters hanging below the rail either. The prefilter can be tucked up high enough that it is above the bottom of the rail. The 2 micron post filter is just to long so I installed it in front of the rear tire to the bottom of the bed.

IMG_3947_zps7d25560c.jpg

My final filter is much longer then that one... I'll have to get the number.

PsRumors

Reaction score
My final filter is much longer then that one... I'll have to get the number.

The 3528 is 7" long. I went with it when I was initially trying to get it under the cab and above the bottom of the frame.

Mounted under the bed I can go with about 20" without issue.

Latest posts

Members online