Fuel tank leaking

6.7powerstroke

Reaction score
I have a 2014 f350 srw and I just put a 51 gallon gravity feed aux tank in the bed it has been in there for a few weeks haven't had any problems now all of a sudden I park my truck at work and seen it was leaking fuel from the stock tank .. I can't really see on top of the tank but was wondering if anyone has had this issue..

Could it be leaking from the evaporator vent I know that vent has a lil rubber plug on it and is still on

Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Its the vent on top of the tank. Dont leave the valve open on the tank in the bed.
When I had the 08 with a tank in the bed I took the vent off and ran a hose up the filler neck to the bed side up higher so it helped a lot on that when I left the valve open.

78f100

Reaction score
Like already said gravity is most likely over filling the lower tank and it's coming out the vent.

6.7powerstroke

Reaction score
Its the vent on top of the tank. Dont leave the valve open on the tank in the bed.
When I had the 08 with a tank in the bed I took the vent off and ran a hose up the filler neck to the bed side up higher so it helped a lot on that when I left the valve open.

So when you ran your hose did is still leak

6.7powerstroke

Reaction score
And I guess went out and checked and it has a small puddle on the ground and the valve has been off for about 5 miles

Latest posts

Members online