Fuel tank leaking

6.7powerstroke

Reaction score
I have a 2014 f350 srw and I just put a 51 gallon gravity feed aux tank in the bed it has been in there for a few weeks haven't had any problems now all of a sudden I park my truck at work and seen it was leaking fuel from the stock tank .. I can't really see on top of the tank but was wondering if anyone has had this issue..

Could it be leaking from the evaporator vent I know that vent has a lil rubber plug on it and is still on

Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
It's over filling, from gravity feeding. Biggest issue with gravity fed. Do you have a check ball to stop flow once full?

6.7powerstroke

Reaction score
Blows my mind that it would start now an not do it when I put the first 5 fill up in it

6.7powerstroke

Reaction score
Yeah I guess I was kinda wondering if I could put a hose on the evaporator vent an run it higher that the hole were you fill your tank if it would still leak somewhere

6.7powerstroke

Reaction score
Well just went out an looked at the truck and have a small puddle under it and the valve is off so I guess I got a bigger issue.. Guess I'm going to have to drop the tank and figure it out

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
If the tank is full,drive the truck to let the fuel go down,you'll be fine.Been there done that

qcfarmer

Reaction score
Mine was doing this also. I routed the vent between the cab and bed so it was higher than the aux tank and problem was solved. My brother had to do the same with his. Both trucks don't have the check valve. My dads truck has the check valve but most of the time it doesn't let the aux tank drain correctly.

6.7powerstroke

Reaction score
Okay thanks I will try this and see what happens .. I have the ball valve on mine not a check valve so it flows real good

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
Where do you have a ball valve mounted?I hope at the bottom of the Aux. tank

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I ran my tank through a solenoid valve the is powered though a switch that only has power with the ignition on. That way it separates the aux tank from the main tank when the ignition is off.

6.7powerstroke

Reaction score
I ran my tank through a solenoid valve the is powered though a switch that only has power with the ignition on. That way it separates the aux tank from the main tank when the ignition is off.

Yeah I've been reading up on that .. That might be the next option if the extended vent doesn't work .. Bc if I have to leave the valve off while driving and have to pull over to turn it on kinda defeats the purpose of a fuel tank

psduser1

Reaction score

Mine is like this, works like a dream. Pulled power from the fuel pump harness, so if the pump is on, the valve can be switched on. When the pump stops, the valve closes.

Latest posts

Members online