Fun in the Sand Dunes

alradco

Reaction score
We're down in the sand dunes for new years weekend. There's some really nice superduty trucks out here. Just thought I would post some pics and videos for those that are in to it.. I pull a 38ft toyhauler and got in without issue. Truck did great and we drove anywhere we wanted. We also had to pull in a buddy with a nice 12v Cummins F350 only because he still has just 2wd right now...but

There's still one hell of a feeling when Im pulling a truck that's hooked up to a 37ft trailer, and pulling them both like nothin :)

Anyway. Hope you guys like.

alradco

Reaction score
My truck...

Attachments

• 20121228_125615.jpg
    20121228_125615.jpg
    624.4 KB · Views: 183

alradco

Reaction score
A pic of my buddy I pulled in...

Attachments

• 20121228_095338.jpg
    20121228_095338.jpg
    865.5 KB · Views: 154

alradco

Reaction score
how high did you have to lift your camper to fit your truck?

The trailer has flipped axles and had to be lifted another 8".

We had a great time. I have a few videos to post up of some trucks jumping. Also had to yank out my buddy with his trailer burried and have that on video.

Peter

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score

We had a great time. I have a few videos to post up of some trucks jumping. Also had to yank out my buddy with his trailer burried and have that on video.

Peter

how did you manage to lift that trailer another 8" after doing the axle flip?

Rupp250

Reaction score
Figured it was Pismo, can pretty much get anywhere in glamis towing a trailer unless you go into the deep washes.

How was the weather in Pismo? We were there Dec 7-9 and it was 68-69degrees with barley any wind. The best part though was that there was only about 20-25 other camps out there. Smooth dunes is what its about.

alradco

Reaction score
how did you manage to lift that trailer another 8" after doing the axle flip?

8"x2" Rectangular tubing would be my guess.

That's exactly how. Also added gussets, and cross bracing over each axle.

Figured it was Pismo, can pretty much get anywhere in glamis towing a trailer unless you go into the deep washes.

How was the weather in Pismo? We were there Dec 7-9 and it was 68-69degrees with barley any wind. The best part though was that there was only about 20-25 other camps out there. Smooth dunes is what its about.

Our timing wasn't nearly as good. It had rained the day before we arrived and one of the nights. So really no smooth sand and nights were pretty cold. Still had a great time with kids and family. We'll be going to Dumont for Pres. Day next month.

Sweet looking setup...bet its a top heavy bastard though!

Probably is but I can't tell. Tows great.

I'll upload some of the vids and pics tomorrow. Been working a lot since we got back.

Peter

jdc753

Reaction score

Peter

Dang that is a pretty sweet setup.

What are the specs on the truck though, lift and tires. Also do you know the overall height on the trailer after doing all the work?

Latest posts

Members online