Gearhead

theplumber

Reaction score
I want to know if therenisna big difference between the Canned tune from H&S and the
Gearhead tune for 6.7 ? Cause its 450 $ whit the mcc unlock code and i want to know if i make the move to Gearhead!
Thanks for your help.

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Mpoage

Reaction score
The difference in drive-ability alone is x100

mpg went up
shifting is better
more power
less smoke

My Gearhead tunes actually smoke more than the canned tunes. But I love the way they drive and how much more responsive they are. I can definitely tell there is more power on the top end.

theplumber

Reaction score
Gearhead on order cannot wait to try it!!! I hope it will be little bit up mpg cause now it s bad ....

Envoyé de mon iPhone

zporta

Reaction score
My Gearhead tunes actually smoke more than the canned tunes. But I love the way they drive and how much more responsive they are. I can definitely tell there is more power on the top end.

same here, much better response with more power and drivability.

maxxedout

Reaction score
It's reassuring to hear that so many people have had good luck with gearhead tunes... I've been thinking of going that route as well, but I don't want to buy myself a lot of extra aggravation, if you know what I mean. My truck is deleted with stock fuel and a stock turbo with the wicked wheel 2, so I don't want to end up with tunes that will push things too far. I know there's always a risk, even with canned tunes, but I want to keep the truck as reliable as possible while still adding a little more power. I've had both good luck and bad luck with custom tunes on other trucks I've owned, and I don't want to take a $450.00 "guess" and end up disappointed...

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
It's reassuring to hear that so many people have had good luck with gearhead tunes... I've been thinking of going that route as well, but I don't want to buy myself a lot of extra aggravation, if you know what I mean. My truck is deleted with stock fuel and a stock turbo with the wicked wheel 2, so I don't want to end up with tunes that will push things too far. I know there's always a risk, even with canned tunes, but I want to keep the truck as reliable as possible while still adding a little more power. I've had both good luck and bad luck with custom tunes on other trucks I've owned, and I don't want to take a $450.00 "guess" and end up disappointed...
Matts (Gearhead) MCC tunes is the safest tunes on the market... Possibly safer than H&S canned tunes...If you do end up going with Matt's tunes you don't be disappointed you'll love it and never look back. Power is amazing fuel economy is great and drivability is better than canned tunes also less smoke..

theplumber

Reaction score
Wow very fast customer service from gearhead!! I buy my tune yesterday at 5 pm and received my tune in the night !!! I just load in my truck . I go try it in a couple of minute and let you know

Envoyé de mon iPhone

theplumber

Reaction score
Shifting srategy is perfect !!!
The power is definetly there when you push it and a good thing is there is no smoke excep on performance when i hammer it .

Envoyé de mon iPhone

maxxedout

Reaction score
Very cool... I got my MCC unlock yesterday afternoon, so I'll be contacting Gearhead Monday morning. Are there any issues I should be aware of before moving forward? Thanks!

theplumber

Reaction score
Nope . Load it in your truck and have fun !!! Be aware because there is a lot of power and don't push it until your engine is hot!!

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Latest posts

Members online