GEM

THETANK01

Reaction score
Fixing to pull the gem or my truck. Pretty narrowed my 4x4 problem down to this. I done some searching and cannot find a write up on removing this. Does any one have pointers?

co04cobra

Reaction score
Kind of a pain in the a**. Pull the instrument bezel and that will give you good access to the 2 bolts (2 large plugs) holding the harness into the fuse box/Gem. Then its just the bolts you can easily see after pulling the fuse panel cover off. You can also get some extra wiggle room when bringing it down out if you pull the relays out first.

I just assumed this was a 01 truck?

THETANK01

Reaction score
Yea 01. Its already most of the way out. Just gotta get the plug going into the gem out and 1 screw on the back. Then I can pop it off. Is there any way I can fix it my self? Kind of like the liometer...or once it's toast that's it? Any recommendation on where to buy a new GEM? Hate to go to the dealer.

co04cobra

Reaction score
I would get a used GEM. They are specific to 01 that year, but fairly easy to find. If you get a new one they have to be programmed.

I haven't tried to take it apart and see if they can be fixed. I should have one that will work for you. PM me your truck details.

Latest posts

Members online