Getting a single list together

kdogg85

Reaction score
I have this on another site but would like opinions from you guys as well. Seems to be more up the alley of this site.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made the mistake of showing my wife the videos of the single charger truck on youtube. I believe it was one of MPD's. She liked it and asked about putting a package together this summer. Reloading the toy account from my splurge. So, add or remove or modify what I think I need.

Studs(H11's or ARP's) which is prefered or does it matter?
New sticks(what size?) Both cc and nozzle preferably. And other fuel system parts?
Head gaskets(OEM's or aftermarkets?)
Any head work(valvetrain upgrades, porting) other than normal checks?
Intake manifold?
6.0 headers and custom up pipes will be on unless MPD's manifolds are just as good, or another equivalent.
Transmission, from what I hear, suncoast seems to be the popular route?
Any other drivetrain concerns?

08stroker250 gave me some great advice and am thankful for it. He also asked about charger size(S475 probably) and then the hpfp question came up. We both have been digging around and have found the k16 kit or a dragonfire kit. I haven't heard much about the k16 but have heard some negatives about the dragonfire kit. Are there other kits out there?

Another thing, on the up-pipes, I don't understand why there are flex sections if everything is mounted on the engine, is it due to the downpipe connection making for an unequal load on the components themselves or are there other variables?

Thanks in advance guys for any help offered.

White_monster

Reaction score
I have this on another site but would like opinions from you guys as well. Seems to be more up the alley of this site.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made the mistake of showing my wife the videos of the single charger truck on youtube. I believe it was one of MPD's. She liked it and asked about putting a package together this summer. Reloading the toy account from my splurge. So, add or remove or modify what I think I need.

Studs(H11's or ARP's) which is prefered or does it matter?
New sticks(what size?) Both cc and nozzle preferably. And other fuel system parts?
Head gaskets(OEM's or aftermarkets?)
Any head work(valvetrain upgrades, porting) other than normal checks?
Intake manifold?
6.0 headers and custom up pipes will be on unless MPD's manifolds are just as good, or another equivalent.
Transmission, from what I hear, suncoast seems to be the popular route?
Any other drivetrain concerns?

08stroker250 gave me some great advice and am thankful for it. He also asked about charger size(S475 probably) and then the hpfp question came up. We both have been digging around and have found the k16 kit or a dragonfire kit. I haven't heard much about the k16 but have heard some negatives about the dragonfire kit. Are there other kits out there?

Another thing, on the up-pipes, I don't understand why there are flex sections if everything is mounted on the engine, is it due to the downpipe connection making for an unequal load on the components themselves or are there other variables?

Thanks in advance guys for any help offered.

The flex sections are there for heat related expansion and contraction. The Mpd manifolds aren't proven to be more reliable for daily use only due to limited numbers being used so far but the ppl that have them like them. Hope this helps

08KingRanchF250

Reaction score
Well what i have now is MPD S472 kit on stock studs with a suncoast mid stall HD converter and canned kem tunes.. it runs Well and havnt had a bit of trouble out of it yet. My plan will be custom tuning then trans by rudys... then Ill move to studs along with 110s to 150s, airdog and upgrade kit, dual fuelers, Ported rails and more then likly valve springs, pushrods and Ported intake manifold.. becuase its Good insurance but so far not needed.

extreme3807

Reaction score
Check out my thread called "my mpd s475" should have all the info u need on the s475 from power, mileage, daily drivability, parts list needed, etc.... the guys at MPD are good people and will help you out bud

Sent from my DROID Pro

kdogg85

Reaction score
I checked out the thread and it was very helpful indeed. Has the k16 kit on yours held up pretty good? And the manifolds they send with the kit, would it be of any benefit to have the tubes swept back towards the collector. This was why I wanted the 6.0 headers like I have on my truck, more of a tri-y design and have smoother flow? Thanks for putting that up, helped out greatly.

This isn't going to be a track vehicle by any means, but 500-650 of the available hp could be dialed up regularly. That makes me wonder about main studs and if available a bedplate upgrade.

kdogg85

Reaction score
Ok, thank goodness. I haven't really dug into the component capacities of these motors very much yet. I'd hate to get the call to come drag it home with the crank and who knows what else laying in the road somewhere.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i guess we need to know what kinda power you are looking for as well as what you want from your truck

cbrown

Reaction score
Try giving Rudys a call also. Aaron has written up quotes/ build sheets for myself and a few friends before. Complete list broken down with all parts, gaskets, fluids etc needed. Good luck with everything, youll love the single. After riding in one, im looking for another truck to buy and keep low to put a single on haha.

kdogg85

Reaction score
Not really concerned on power, it'll make a ton no matter what. I'll call both mpd and rudy's in the afternoon tommorrow.

This build is for my wife, I showed her a couple of mpd's videos and that was it, she had to have one. As if 550+ wasn't enough. We are going to do it all ourselves except for the machine work and tuning, the old man just got a new lift and we're gonna put it to the test.

Hopefully the milf missle(she named it that) will be blistering tires by august or early september.

08KingRanchF250

Reaction score
On h and s 300 Hot Dam i made 660 and 1156 with 25k rail pressure, so Unless u just want a fully built truck u dont need a fuel system for ur goals

Dzchey21

Reaction score
If your not really concerned with power then i would go with a 66 from mpd so it still spools decent

kdogg85

Reaction score
She wants the s475, no changing her mind. I tried to get her to do something with the tow or max powers just for streetability reasons, but she wants the big single. And from what I've seen and read from the few who have them, they are not very hard to drive or deal with. Oh, I hope that the bigger fueling we are going with will help that out as well. Just gotta plan it out and get the ducks in a row.

When I posted that, I meant when it's tuned, it'll have all the power it'll give. If that was the case, there would be no reason to do any of this. 550+ and affordable to drive isn't something to turn your nose up at, I think anyway.

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
if your going to go with the 75mm then your prob going to need some fuel to drive it, i would recomend dual fuelers if your going that route, and also a bad ass transmission....

kdogg85

Reaction score
Thanks 08, she had a 71 monte carlo(406 hooked to a rockcrusher) when I met her. Not the bug with hello kitty nonsense all over it that is too common.

That's why I asked about reviews on the k16 kit rudy's has. Haven't heard much good about the dragonfire stuff. We'll probably go the same route as with my truck on transmisson. I got the toughest stuff suncoast had to offer, and will do the same here. Tuning the tranny for very late lockup will be something to overcome, undoubtably. I know the injector part is going to be a pain, since nobody uses the cc instead of hp scale.

extreme3807

Reaction score
The s475 will require the twin k16 to maintain frp on erics x-race. I only had one properly working pump and it maintained frp on x-street at 877 hp. If your going big, might as well do big fuel

Sent from my DROID Pro

Latest posts

Members online