Glow plugs

RattlinFord

Reaction score
Anyone had any luck with anything besides Motorcraft/Beru? I want to put stockers back in my early 99, but I have been searching (price shopping) and I can't help but wonder about some of the other ones I'm seeing. Anyone had any luck?

pungohboy

Reaction score
Haven't tried any other brands but I picked up my motorcraft zd11's from advanced auto they always have online codes the current one is trt30 for 30% off so saving almost $30. Hopefully the code isn't against any rules. Just trying to help folks save a couple bucks.

purpleheart350

Reaction score
I have found that oreileys has motorcraft GP for $11 as opposed to $15-20 at the ford house or other auto parts stores. Just throwing that out there.

RattlinFord

Reaction score
with a 35% off coupon code i found, i can get them for $60.24! that's in-store pickup and about $7.53 a plug, versus their normal $11.99 cost. thanks for the code/idea to look for others Pungohboy!!

RattlinFord

Reaction score
i'm just paranoid about a GP either swelling or breaking off into the engine, that's why i'm insistent on Motorcraft's, which i'll have and be installing tomorrow.

79jasper

Reaction score
The Motorcraft plugs will do it also. Just search around for the horror stories.
Albeit not as much as some brands, but can still happen.
Problem with some of the other brands, is they don't work well for factory controllers. Unless they're self regulated. Like the duratherm ones.
I'd stick with the berus though.
You order online for store pickup.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

pungohboy

Reaction score
Glad it helped I usually check slick deals for the codes sometimes they have $25 off $50 codes but they go quick. I have had my plugs about a year sitting in the door pocket im hoping to swap them soon I have like 4 that are bad according to the ohm meter.

RattlinFord

Reaction score
The Motorcraft plugs will do it also. Just search around for the horror stories.
Albeit not as much as some brands, but can still happen.
Problem with some of the other brands, is they don't work well for factory controllers. Unless they're self regulated. Like the duratherm ones.
I'd stick with the berus though.
You order online for store pickup.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Yes I did, I'm grabbing them today and might put them in today. I'm excited to be able to start the truck in the cold without the aid of AC power.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.