GlowShift gauges

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
I know the reputation these gauges have but they came with my truck when I bought em. The kid did a half ass attempt at hooking them up. The only one that appears to be working correctly is the water temp. Before I rebuilt my oil cooler it would go as high as 160*. Now it's showing 180*. I'm pretty sure it should be reading 203 (195 depending on the T stat). Anyone else having these issues or was this gauge not installed wrong?

E99 F350/zf6/guages/arp/comp/stellite/ billet wheel/ bellowed... Need more fuel and more air.

Koda22

Reaction score
on here your gonna get told to buy different gauges....seems very few like glow shift....If it was up to me, id try to install them properly first. If that doesn't fix it, then you might look into getting different gauges....

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
I know, that's why I said I know what reputation these gauges have.

E99 F350/zf6/guages/arp/comp/stellite/ billet wheel/ bellowed... Need more fuel and more air.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I know, that's why I said I know what reputation these gauges have.

I had glowshifts in my old 7.3, EGT was always wrong, boost was right and I never could get the trans temp gauge to work. If I was to buy gauges again I will do ISSPRO or auto meter.

Last edited:

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Yeah I figured this game out the hard way a few years ago on a 6.0 I built. I've still got those gauges brand new never been used. Now I have this set. I'm sure I could see these 2 sets for enough to damn near cover isspro

mrit

Reaction score
I have the Isspro coolant temp gauge and 195* thermostat on my F350. My fully heated coolant temps average 170-180 in summer. From my understanding, unless its pulling a load, the diesel just doesn't make that much heat. I believe the thermostat slowly opens as the engine is heated and is FULLY opened at its rated tempature. Maybe try hooking up a trailer and find a big hill to see what the temps do and when the fan kicks in.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Well International says that ford F'd up with the 195* T stat. The truck needs to run at 203* degrees to get optimal cylinder combustion. I'm not sure an analog gauge is still going to be 100% correct.

n54power

Reaction score
10% with summit right now and autometer has a $20 rebate on all temp gauges
I ordered so of the ones made to match a dodge (white face,green digits)

I.have GS. Work well but with my next step in mods I need to have 100% confidence

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
10% with summit right now and autometer has a $20 rebate on all temp gauges
I ordered so of the ones made to match a dodge (white face,green digits)

I.have GS. Work well but with my next step in mods I need to have 100% confidence
99% of our vendors carry autometer and isspro.. most will give a PSA member discount.. not cool to post non vendor deals unless our vendors dont offer it at all..

live life full throttle

n54power

Reaction score
Any vendor is free to monitor and add any input/offers. I simply offered up an option that I didn't find with our current vendors.
If this is a problem a moderator can remove anything posted

Reaction score
I had them on my 95 when i bought it. 35 psi boost, 1600 pyro, and a tranny temp that was there to fill the 3rd hole Didn't have any problems that was the gauge's fault.

Northwoods2002

Reaction score
I have egt, boost and trans temp. The gauges have worked well for me and I have used other gauges to ensure these are reading correctly. Now, I don't hot leg it, or race or anything like that, just a daily driver and tow rig and they seem to work just fine going on 1.5yrs now.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
I appreciate the input. I've had some that worked perfect and others have not. Swapped some wires out on a few trucks that didn't work quite right and got better results. Then again I never confirmed any of these Temps and PSIs with other gauges. Just went off what I knew about what the Temps are supposed to run.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.