Gogo's direct solenoid review

AKHILF

Reaction score
Hey guys I have never done a write up on a product but I just got done putting in gogo's solenoid and have drive it a few miles. So far it feels very good and cleaned up my 3-5 shift. It wasn't bad before but sometimes I got a neutral slip in it. The weird thing is it only has happened about 4-5 times in this new tranny. But I know my old tranny did it a bunch and I think that's what took it out. I won't know for sure that it fixed it for about a month because it seemed like once a month it would do it.
Install was really simple just drained the pan then pulled the bolts and dropped it then took of the filter.

Once your there you can see 7 solenoids, 4 in one row then 3 in the other. You want the middle one in the row of three. There's a c clip that holds it in the body and I used a small flat head to pop it out. Then you unplug the connector and it will slid right out. Watch out more fluid will come out when you pull it out.

Now the new solenoid goes in. On all the other solenoids the connectors face straight down, but on this new one the connecter will be angled to the passenger side a little you will feel the solenoid slide in a little farther when you have it right. Then plug the connector back in and put the c clip back on. Now put your filter back on and put the pan on. I filled the pan up a little with fluid and bolted it on. Then dumped the rest in the tranny dipstick hole.

This isn't a great write up this is my first one an I forgot to take pictures. It only took about 30 minuets from start to finish and well worth the money. If I missed anything ask away. Hope this helps

windrunner408

Reaction score
Helps me out a lot as I need to change the filters and fluid in my tranny anyways and was wanting to do this upgrade as a precautionary measure for future power increases. I take it that the solenoid does not come with instructions?? I know if I were to pull my pan and filter right now and see 7 solenoids staring at me that I wouldnt know which one to pull and would need to ask some one. Thanks for the info.

doubledee715

Reaction score
Here is a pic from another right up. The direct solenoid is the one in the middle right.
2011-07-03_20-12-56_685.jpg

It doesn't come with any instructions and after being on the fedex truck from florida the bag it was in almost had a hole in it with a little oil on the outside of the bag. I went through ptp but if I had to do it again I would call doug direct and ask him to double package it. If you live on the west coast you might consider that, I will on the next one I order.

chappy

Reaction score
I put one in my old tranny and just transfered it to the new tranny. I have it rotated to the drivers side tough. It seems to fit either way as long as its angled toward one side or the other. I don't think it matters which or at least I hope it doesn't

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Doug ships in in like a freakin zip lock bag it pisses me off. The first solenoid I got from doug stuck open and woudnt work when the trans fluid got hot. I sent mine back in a heavily padded box to have it looked over and he sends it back in a freakin envelope again... I just dont get it, these are solenoids and they need to be handled with care in my opinion.:lame2:

strokin6L

Reaction score
you can have the solenoid installed at the 5 o'clock or 7 o'clock position depending on how your looking at it underneath. The connecter for it wont be facing directly at the ground at 6 o'clock postion.

AKHILF

Reaction score
Yeah I was a little worried when I was doing it because I didnt know if I was doing it right and wasnt sure it could be in that position and still be ok and couldnt find anyone else that said anything about it. So it was a kinda like "yeah this should work" moment haha. I'm glad I did it though. Put about 60 miles on today and it feels great. I'd recommend one to anyone thats tuned.

chappy

Reaction score
you can have the solenoid installed at the 5 o'clock or 7 o'clock position depending on how your looking at it underneath. The connecter for it wont be facing directly at the ground at 6 o'clock postion.

Alright good to know. i was a little worried.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Here is a pic from another right up. The direct solenoid is the one in the middle right.
2011-07-03_20-12-56_685.jpg

It doesn't come with any instructions and after being on the fedex truck from florida the bag it was in almost had a hole in it with a little oil on the outside of the bag. I went through ptp but if I had to do it again I would call doug direct and ask him to double package it. If you live on the west coast you might consider that, I will on the next one I order.

Doug ships in in like a freakin zip lock bag it pisses me off. The first solenoid I got from doug stuck open and woudnt work when the trans fluid got hot. I sent mine back in a heavily padded box to have it looked over and he sends it back in a freakin envelope again... I just dont get it, these are solenoids and they need to be handled with care in my opinion.:lame2:

Good to know guys, I'll tell him so we can get that corrected. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Thanks Eric, just eliminates a possible cause to a failure in my opinion. Has anyone had theirs stick on them? Mine was fine until the TFT got warm then it stuck. Ill be instaling my replacement on friday when I have some free time, hopefully the case is different this time around.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Thanks Eric, just eliminates a possible cause to a failure in my opinion. Has anyone had theirs stick on them? Mine was fine until the TFT got warm then it stuck. Ill be instaling my replacement on friday when I have some free time, hopefully the case is different this time around.

No problem, if you guys every have any issues just let me know so I can get it handled ASAP.

chappy

Reaction score

No problems from mine in either tranny. I wasn't real fond of the plastic baggy either.

AKHILF

Reaction score
Yeah mine came is a envelope all the way to alaska. It was a little beat up but it works fine. At least the envolope had a little bubble wrap haha.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
He sent me some picture of how he sends them out, they are packed in a U-Line bubble mailer and then he rolls the mailer up around it and tapes it up and slaps a label on them. He also said Ford sends them in the little ziplock baggie though. Maybe they just need to be prewrapped in packing paper, but the ones that that he sent me a picture of looked fine. I know some times UPS/FedEx can be rough on packages though and he said he insures them all in case they get damaged.

Triple H

Reaction score
I'm with Greg on this. I dropped the $150 for snake oil. Can't say there ever was an issue with my trans but figured this would be a beneficial mod. First time merging onto the freeway the trans hung up in 4th and would not upshift. Before it finally figures out what it wanted to do, it would freewheel in nuetral then slip into gear. I have since replaced it with the stock solenoid. No issues since. Thing is the gogo piece doesn't resemble the stock as in the orfice's are smaller and fewer in count. 10 instead of the oe 12

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
nice to see im not the only one who had this happen. and dougs solenoid is a modified epc solenoid so its not the same solenoid as the stocker... if this replacement one doesnt work again, im done and putting in a ford epc solenoid or calling brian at bts to get his.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.