Going lower

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
What have you guys done to lower the leaf spring front ends ? I swapped in a set of F250 springs from a friend as mine a 3 leafs up front. I also pulled the block and a leaf out of the rear. I want to lower it another 1" or more.

Im just not sure It can be done with leafs. Will a 5.4 gasser spring work ?

This is how it sits atm. I basically lowered the front and matched the back by trying different leaf stacks.

scaled.php

ToMang07

Reaction score
Short of smaller tires/wheels and taking more springs out... what about shorter leaf hangers?

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Ya the hanger is looking like the only option. However, I dont think shortening the rear hanger would work, I think that would just make it ride like crap. You would almost have to move the whole rear hanger mount towards the rear of the truck to lengthen the spring out so it flatens out a bit more. Im not sure why but a friend has an 02 CC/SB and his front leafs have a negative arch where as mine have a positive arch ?

Stock springs only have 2 leafs up front, probably wouldnt be the best thing to take one out, an awkward bump on the hwy could make for a wild f'n ride LOL

Might just have to suck up and do 05 coils

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Mmm, it is a drag truck, I think adding the bags and compressor would add un needed weight.

Wondering if the leafs from a 5.4L F250 would work

Aaron S

Reaction score
Longer shackle in the rear of the truck.

Is there enough room on the front of the front spring hanger to drill new holes for the spring bolt, higher in the hanger to lower the front end?

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Longer shackle in the rear of the truck.

Is there enough room on the front of the front spring hanger to drill new holes for the spring bolt, higher in the hanger to lower the front end?

Hmm, I have the shackles from my leveling kit, the rear are roughly 2" longer, Ill try that as its 4 bolts to see.
And as for the front hanger Its pretty much as low as I think it can get by looking at it.

DI used to sell a lowering shackle. Maybe give David a shout

Thanks Steve, Ill check that out.

Take the front springs to a spring shop and have them de arched (sp?)

Hmm, Ill check that out to. Might be able to pick up a bit.

Latest posts

Members online