Going to try this out.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I have noticed under light acceleration that the injectors make more noise than usual is that normal?

Jonnydime

Reaction score
So I have been dd'ing this setup for almost 2 months now with around 2000 miles driven. The biggest headache of this entire build has been the tuning. I think Matt has it just about where it needs to be.

On Tuesday I pulled an 8,000lb (16,500 Gross) load up the Skyway bridge which has a 4% grade and the egt's maxed out at 1060 in 5th tc locked. One of the biggest things I have noticed is how low my boost and ebp numbers are. Cruising I'm at 4-6psi boost and 5-7psi ebp which is less than half of what is was stock. When I pulled that 4% grade I think I was only at 15-17psi boost and mabye 20psi ebp. Another thing is oil temps have dropped a ton. Stock and unloaded when I was cruising my temps where around 198 coolant and 203-205 oil. On tuesday at 16,500lbs they where 195-198 coolant and 201-203 oil. This has to be because I'm running 2 ball bearing turbos with very little oil flow compared the the stockers.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Cruising loaded I was around 10psi boost 12-13psi ebp. All these #'s are at 68-70mph

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I haven't updated this in awhile so I figured it was time. I have been dd'ing my setup for around 9 months now and all I can say is I'm pretty impressed with how it performs. I bought a stage 5 Elite transmission but have not had time to install it so I'm still rocking the stocker for now. I have pulled several trailers ranging form 16k to 20k gross and the truck does not seem to mind at all. I have not done a full throttle run yet due to the stock trans but I can tell you that from a stop it will smoke the tires when it hits 40mph at 50% throttle. After I get the new trans in I will update with a full throttle run and maybe some track times.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Well so far the lp turbo makes 40+psi and I max out the factory sensor for overall pressure:). And I can't seem to break 1200* egt wise. Oh and for some reason the bolts for my exhaust loosened up. I tightened them back down but if they loosen back up I will have no choice but to put the stockers back on:(.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I still rock a flip phone so videos with that are a no go. One of these days I will buy a go pro and post up some videos.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Well I pulled the driver side manifold off and the bolts were loose again and when I threw the straight edge on it the damn thing is shaped like a U so I will be putting the stock manifolds back on. Does anyone want a set of RCD stainless manifolds?:doh:

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I know it's not the best straight edge but you should get the point.
Photo0003_zps9nnlxoqh.jpg

Photo0004_zps1wuakefw.jpg