Good & Quiet Exhaust

RickyB

Reaction score
Have '15 F-350, 6.7L, CC, SRW, Short Bed & looking for new exhaust system from down pipe back. I'm not looking for any extra hp from tuner & figure stainless would last longest. Can anyone suggest the quietest good exhaust system? Also would a resonator with a muffler be better Thanks in advance.

gottagofast

Reaction score
What exactly ARE you looking to gain?

If you aren't adding power then leave the stock exhaust in place for 100,000 miles or so

MEDIC350

Reaction score
Have '15 F-350, 6.7L, CC, SRW, Short Bed & looking for new exhaust system from down pipe back. I'm not looking for any extra hp from tuner & figure stainless would last longest. Can anyone suggest the quietest good exhaust system? Also would a resonator with a muffler be better Thanks in advance.

are you looking to delete and try and keep it quiet?

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Newbies lol,I'm thinking he wants to delete but maintain every aspect of a non deleted truck=slow & quiet.

RickyB

Reaction score
Exactly, delete but happy with power. Just want it as close to as quiet as it is before delete. Thanks for help.

Last edited:

Clean-15

Reaction score
Exactly, delete but happy with power. Just want it as close to as quiet as it is before delete. Thanks for help.

I'm curious too. Anyone have a deleted truck that's quieter than stock........with no hairdryer noise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theplumber

Reaction score
4" flo pro whit 24" flo pro muffler strait and fte resonator and its like stock

Envoyé de mon iPhone

W219cls55

Reaction score
4" all the way. 5" too big!! I don't like the sound of a truck that's all bark and no bite. 4" is the way to go. I had 5" on my 2015 and felt like it lost power. Too loud too.

Josh F250

Reaction score
I did mine with 4" Flo-Pro with muffler and was too loud (can't believe I'm saying that - getting old). Anyhow, I wanted as quiet as possible. I put FTE resonator and 42" Donalson muffler - both supposed to be little to no extra restriction. A little louder than stock at idle but can't hear it at all driving anymore.

I think I could convince some it is stock under there as it looks like it with all that in there.

gottagofast

Reaction score
Well I've never owned a truck new enough to have to "delete" anything BUT My thought on your situation is whatever you take out should be replaced with a muffling device of comparable effectiveness for the most stock,like sound... replacing the entire exhaust won't help your cause as all.... Very few aftermarket mufflers are as quite or well made as the factory unit.... My Donaldson muffler does pretty good but no where near as quite with the factory setup and it is huge and expensive.

Latest posts

Members online