Got the lift wheels and tires on the platinum

Platinumf250

Reaction score
Put it all on a couple months ago, just getting around to posting some pictures. Picked up a 3" rough country spacer lift for cheap so I threw it on. Eventually I'll do icon or Carli coils and pmf 3-link. Wheels are 20x10 -19 offset hostil exiles and 35x12.5 toyo mts. Plasti dipped the emblems and tailgate panel. Probably paint it or get it wrapped later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Platinumf250

Reaction score
Messed up the pics. Here ya go
2e4b1157f25a59ace2a4fd310147d885.jpg
2cb2b2e5633e9481ffb46630c54b1d0e.jpg
532005ed7a3cce7faa68cecccd0edda9.jpg
72f48c10af11b18509c1fd0db232d3f1.jpg
ea3c7a5e7200fc0f0c3d957aff5a0eec.jpg
3cc2e6e202a3a717b75c1439e7af37f7.jpg

jcain

Reaction score
All that money for the "Platinum" status and then putting junk on it. Doesn't comprehend.

Platinumf250

Reaction score
All that money for the "Platinum" status and then putting junk on it. Doesn't comprehend.

Bought the truck used and it was the same price as most the lariats I was seeing. Wasn't shopping for a platinum just happened across it. The only "junk" is a 3" spacer which can be easily replaced by an icon or carli coil.

Layson

Reaction score
Maybe it is just the picture angle but is the rear axle located more towards the rear of the truck?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Looked crooked to me too but i already probably insulted this poor guy enough.

jwalk09

Reaction score
I've noticed almost all newer superdutys axles aren't centered in the wheels wells. Especially the front. They are always shifted toward the rear. My front is off centered some too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Koda22

Reaction score
Truck looks good, I'd be happy with what you did. I never understood paying more for just a name. Some people don't understand what a budget is....

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
Damn jumped his ass for a simple spacer hahah.

Looks good man I ran those wheels on stock height with 35s before I went big

Platinumf250

Reaction score
I can see y'all's point of cheap parts on a platinum, but all I really wanted from the kit was the radius arm drop brackets and track bar drop bracket. Couldn't buy those for the $150 I paid for the lift. Didn't use the cheap shocks or 2" block. I do wish I would have just went with Carli coils the first time that way I don't have to do it again. It has fox 2.0 shocks and a solid 4" block in the back. And all the fun stuff from No Limit Fabrication.

Wanting to color match the grille, door, handles, and mirror caps. Then paint or wrap the tailgate panel so it looks better.

TripleE44

Reaction score
There's always people quick to judge when you don't buy the most expensive **** for your truck. If you're happy with the spacer for now then that's what matters. Sure there are better options other than the spacer out there, and maybe you'll get there but maybe you won't. I guess maybe you should buy a set of $15,000 ADV1 wheels too since you went and spent all the money on the platinum status too? LOL

As far as the plasti dip, it can look good if you do it right and take your time. If you want it flat black I don't see painting it and not ever being able to go back to chrome/silver if you change your mind or for resale purposes. That's just me though.

Truck looks good though man.

mattmal9

Reaction score
I can see y'all's point of cheap parts on a platinum, but all I really wanted from the kit was the radius arm drop brackets and track bar drop bracket. Couldn't buy those for the $150 I paid for the lift. Didn't use the cheap shocks or 2" block. I do wish I would have just went with Carli coils the first time that way I don't have to do it again. It has fox 2.0 shocks and a solid 4" block in the back. And all the fun stuff from No Limit Fabrication.

Wanting to color match the grille, door, handles, and mirror caps. Then paint or wrap the tailgate panel so it looks better.

Did you plasti-dip the Powerstroke emblem on the door or did you remove it then reinstall it after you painted it? Ive been looking to try that with mine but I just was wondering how the plasti-dip would turn out in the little spaces inside the emblem, or how hard it would be to get it out.

Platinumf250

Reaction score
Did you plasti-dip the Powerstroke emblem on the door or did you remove it then reinstall it after you painted it? Ive been looking to try that with mine but I just was wondering how the plasti-dip would turn out in the little spaces inside the emblem, or how hard it would be to get it out.

I just sprayed it and the rest of the emblems while they were on the truck. Took a tooth pick and traced out what I wanted gone so when it dried you just peeled it off and the rest stayed in tact. Did the front emblem the same way and traced out the chrome "ford".
846e9ef94a8101a9542e1aa01c4eeb40.jpg

I can get a better pic later of it.

Platinumf250

Reaction score
Measured my fenders and my front passenger side is at 45" and back is 44". Drivers side is pretty level. Anyone else have one side higher than the other? Think it's just the coil spring sagging on the drivers side?

TripleE44

Reaction score
I've read on here other people have had the same problem. I don't think anyone has ever really figured out why though.

Platinumf250

Reaction score
I've read on here other people have had the same problem. I don't think anyone has ever really figured out why though.

Have they had the problem with just the stock coils, or aftermarket too? Wanting to get a set of 4.5" Carli coils.
See you're around my area man. I work in Denton, and live in Krum.

TripleE44

Reaction score
I really don't remember, but I think both. I just think the majority of them have been with the aftermarket coils, just because you wouldn't necessarily go measure your stock truck but you would after you put a lift on. I think PMF actually makes smaller like 1/4'' spacers that you could stack to get the exact right height.

Latest posts

Members online